The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Should I feed again??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:06:58
Sorry to be asking so many questions but this a great source of constant info. for me.

I fed Dimi on wednesday with a pinky that weighed about 1/2g because I /thought/ it was a larger pinky than usual, but it turns out I was wrong. After eating it she was looking for another one, and it was the first time she mistook my finger for a mouse luckily she missed! Anyway, it's now friday obviously, and I've seen her being more active than usual for a snake who is digesting, she's been searching for more food, so I was wondering if I should feed her again today, a little bit early as I think I might have under-fed?

She would normally be fed again on monday, and I think she's about a week from a shed (never stopped her eating before, not even as a new hatchling) so not sure if that's the reason, but when she moves you can see her back-bone at certain angles. Not usual angle I must add, sometimes shows when she is moving normally, but most of the time not.

She's never missed a feed, and she's always been an active 'seeker' for more, but I'm just a little bit puzzled, as the other day I was worrying about over feeding I thought it might be because her old skin was a bit tight and when she moved in certain ways it showed her spine because of the tightness, but it seems a little bit far-fetched tbh.

Hope I've given enough information for some of you to know where I'm going wrong, thanks, Lily xx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 17:31:27
Butters are really nice yeh. I love snows, but im biased, lol.

Im really liking hypo-lavenders at the moment.
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 17:32:20
Not yet, interested in eeji's though He's getting both butters and snows which is what I was looking for.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:37:59
I see your getting a snow corn this year?

You got a breeder lined up?
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:37:14
haha, thats awesome! Lol.

Thanks!
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:17:13
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7823
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:15:41
Haha, you can probably look up the pictures on the piccs thread, yes I was sad enough to take photos She left me with no choice!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 15:08:03
Whats the tongue attack? Lol. Sounds interesting.

Bet its great when they constrict properly, Stellas was like half a coil, lol.
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:55:29
Thats great! You might have heard about Dimika and her 'tong attack' She likes them! (She constricts around them too )

I think I will go out and buy some pinkies and fuzzies so I can combine the smaller of the bunch into meals, or just use them seperatly, but she is definatly going back onto fedding weekly.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:44:47
She is doing great thanks, She had the 4g and 3g pinkies yesterday morning, and she struck at them both which i was really pleased with, as i only started her striking last week.

She almost constricted the 2nd aswell!

She is hiding away today digesting.

Im just waiting for her to shed now so that hopefully the end of her tail comes off and she can heal properly.

Gaz
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:35:34
Thanks Gaz, I think I will bag mine up according to weight this time too, thanks for the tip. How is Stella doing?
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:34:05
Just pooed The lump is less pronounced, a lot less, now it looks more like a quickly tapering tail.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:32:53
What i did is...

Got a selection of pinkies and small fuzzies (10 of each)

Weighed them and bagged them something like this...

2g +3g
3g+ 3g
3g + 3g + 2g
4g + 3g
4g + 3g
5g + 2g
6g
6g
7g

Thats off top of my head, but thats something like what the list looked like and thats roughly how i have fed them or am planning on feeding them.

Hope this helps and im not talking rubbish, lol.

Seems to be working for me though.

Thanks

Gaz
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:10:07
Yep thats right, pinkies are preperation :) I don't want to get it wrong, and I am purchasing some large pinkies (3-5g) tomorrow to feed one then two of those before I move her up to fuzzies. Or should I just go and get some small fuzzes?
gingerpony Posted - 22/01/2010 : 14:02:15
that's a very good point Gaz, i'm assuming the multiple pinkies is in preparation for moving up to a fuzzy as any drastic changes of food item size are best avoided
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:57:42
Obviously what GP has said is spot on.

Did you say that dimi is about 24g in weight? If so then i think she could be eating alot more than a 1 or 2g pinkie.

When stella was around that weight she was on 3 x 2g pinkies, then 2 x 3g pinkies.

Hope this helps

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:51:06
its ok hun, sorry if i've been a little blunt!

as well as it being better for the snake to be fed this way it also means you get more days that you can handle your snake
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:49:01
Well then, I may just return to my old ways, and thankyou GP, you've been really helpful
gingerpony Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:47:31
replied on your other thread hun re. bathing and constipation

2 pinkies per meal every 5-7 days is better than feeding a single pinky more frequently
Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:42:19
Ok thanks GP I will stick to the plan then, I used to feed her weekly, then someone sujested five days was better, even though I was feeding two pinkies... I am a little concerned that she may be constipated... Will a luke warm bath help her to pass it?
gingerpony Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:39:25
snakes haven't evolved to cope with constantly having digesting food in their digestive system

ideally feed no more often that 5 day intervals regardless

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000