The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Thermostat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/01/2010 : 11:42:04
Hi again,

I have just bought this thermostat for Steve's Viv:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250561533785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Can someone tell me how is the best way to set it up and what temp do i put it on please?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 14:26:20
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Don't trust the temperature setting on the thermostat, just keep adjusting it until you get the correct temperature as measured by a digital thermometer.

This.

Never take notice of what the gauge on the thermostat is saying because you have to took the room temperature into consideration.
Just keep checking your thermometer.

I keep my warm end at around 80, even though the thermostat is set to 85, obviously if it gets warmer in my house i'll take it down a little (not too much).
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 13:27:16
thanks everyone, i have it set up and have been and put new thermometers in the right place and the warm end measures 28 deg and the cool end is 22 deg, i have also put in a humidity reader too which is measuring ok.
eeji Posted - 23/01/2010 : 13:23:07
anywhere between 25-28 deg C and you'll be ok
devilsmistress Posted - 23/01/2010 : 12:22:56
I have that one! Its a good little one to, although you do hear it clicking on and off. I have found though the dial is not that far out to the temp you want!
At the moment my dial is on 28 and the temp is 27.5c. But mine are in glass vivs!
The only thing I found is the probe is huge, so I have mine outside the viv taped onto the heatmat itself. But all in all a good little stat for the price! I payed about £20 for mine.
Oh and dont worry about the stat itself getting warm, I phoned up the maufactures as I got no instructions with mine, as I was worried about it, but I was reassured this was normal.
Kellog Posted - 23/01/2010 : 05:28:52
The warmest part of the viv should be roughly 82oF to 84oF (which is 27.8oC to 28.9oC). The cool end should be 72oF to 75oF (22.2oC to 23.9oC). Mustnt let it get above 30oC as that is too hot!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:32:35
between 27c and 30c would be ideal i believe.
n/a Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:21:58
corn snakes must be kept at 75-85 F, the higher temperature being necessary to digest its food
n/a Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:05:26
Thanks hun, whats the right temp it should be about please? I know ive read what it should be somewhere, is it not above 30?
Blackecho Posted - 22/01/2010 : 11:49:51
Not seen that type before, but they all tend to work in the same fashion.

Plug your heat source into the stat and put the probe on or just above the substrate at the hot end.

Don't trust the temperature setting on the thermostat, just keep adjusting it until you get the correct temperature as measured by a digital thermometer.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000