The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Healthy to eat fuzzies?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 21/01/2010 : 17:35:34
Just weighed Dimika and fed her one small/medium pinky. She was looking for more and was trying to eat me, bless her, made me think I should be feeding her fuzzies now (I feed her one or two pinks every five days). I usually feed with 2 medium pinks, but it would have been a really large meal last night or a smaller one, so I went with smaller.

She weights = 24g
She's = 21 inches long

Am I right to be thinking about moving her up? Am I feeding too much? Thanks guys.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 12:01:40
As a very rough guide... (from my experience)...

The tiny Pinkies are 1g
The 'typical' pinkies are 2g-3g
The large pinkies, or the fuzzys that are still hairless are 4g-5g
Small Fuzzys are 5g-7g and so on.

Stella is 27g and ive been giving her a 4g 'nearly fuzz' and a 3g 'pinkie'

Lilpunk Posted - 22/01/2010 : 11:50:08
I will do that Gaz, but at the moment I don't have any eletric scales so it's quite hard. I'd imagine that the pinks I'm giving her weigh around... 2-4g
Gaz_1989 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 08:54:59
I think the only way to be sure you are feeding perfectly is to weigh the pinkies or fuzzys.

That way you can taper the meals up slowly 1g at a time over whatever period you see fit.

At the moment stellas meals are increasing by 1g at a time, obviously this wont continue for long but she is going through a growth spurt and is loving her food.

Gaz
Lilpunk Posted - 21/01/2010 : 19:46:35
I will probably go and buy 10 pinkies and a couple of small fuzzies, so I can adjust her to it slowly. I don't want to rush things, and thankyou HB + DB
HannahB Posted - 21/01/2010 : 17:51:27
you can get small fuzzies that arent much bigger than medium pinkies and try her with one of them.. you could keep her on two pinkies for a few more feeds though so she gets used to a bigger meal
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/01/2010 : 17:42:44
Do you weigh your pinkies?

If she could fit a fuzzy in her mouth then you could try her on one around the same weight as the pinkies she eats. Or maybe if that size fuzzy is to big for her give her one fuzzy with a small pinky.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000