The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Does anyone else's Corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
headlow Posted - 20/01/2010 : 17:09:23
Does anyone else's Corn spend all day out in the open? Chandler who is at the most two years of age has been out all day today. He's relaxed enough, just moving occasionally to warm himself up.
I'm not worried or anything, just a little confused as I thought that Corns would be more shy than my Kingsnake.
I even had a look in his hides to see if he'd left any little presents (and that's why he was out), but he hasn't.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:24:01
Crockett, who I got on Saturday has only ever been seen lying out in the open with his head resting on something like a log. However, he is a rescue and may be a little "special" in the head.

Casper spends most of his time in his flower pot, and Mushu loves her fake log. They are very rarely out in the open, but then their vivs are pretty crammed with decor.
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:17:18
Mine is the opposite.
Spends all day burrowed away, even night too but its fine as its a new home for her.
Kellog Posted - 21/01/2010 : 04:11:34
Think that all snakes differ and also that they change their behaviour.... sometimes for a reason, sometimes for no reason and sometimes just to make us worried .

Kellog goes through phases of hiding away during the day, or being out and about. Actually very rarely see him out and about at night (and I am up at all hours so I would know!)

Silvesta is still hiding away most of the time as he is taking a while to settle in, but then he does something surprising like you look up and see him sliding along his branch...and then he is gone again!

As long as you are sure temps are ok and viv is ok then it is just a change of behaviour for him. Unless he is heading into a 'horny' season, which does happen....in which case he will get more and more active and may go off his food, but you just have to wait it out. Only mentioning it so you dont worry if you suddenly find him 'climbing the walls' and looking as though he is trying to escape!

xxx
Rik Posted - 21/01/2010 : 02:26:54
Mine was always out and sleeping in his plant. Since I moved him to the new viv dont see that much of him really. Seen him drinking (water) a few times (so cute, like a cow chewing grass) then back to his hides. Khan is 3.5 months old ish.
n/a Posted - 20/01/2010 : 22:08:45
I have 4 Corns and Montana the youngest by a few weeks is always out in the open having a good look round his faun.

The other three are more secretive but when night comes there out and about digging tunnels looking for a way out and taking a drink of water out of their bowls.

Interesting to think that they all have different routines through the day and night.
kdlang Posted - 20/01/2010 : 21:57:22
Alice usually spends his days in his hide in the cool end then comes to life wen the kids go to bed and I turn the main lights off in the room. Saying that, he spent most of today sleeping behind his hide in the warm end out in the open. Guess he must have fancied a change.
n/a Posted - 20/01/2010 : 21:21:47
Snickers stays in her cool hide during the day and moves to her warm hide at night. I've caught her crawling around through the greenery in her viv so I know she gets active when she doesn't think I'm watching. But she definitely doesn't just hang out.
quote:
Originally posted by headlow

Does anyone else's Corn spend all day out in the open? Chandler who is at the most two years of age has been out all day today. He's relaxed enough, just moving occasionally to warm himself up.
I'm not worried or anything, just a little confused as I thought that Corns would be more shy than my Kingsnake.
I even had a look in his hides to see if he'd left any little presents (and that's why he was out), but he hasn't.

hillzi Posted - 20/01/2010 : 20:09:17
Mine is out now, and was out when i woke up. (7am) and was still in the same place when i got in (4pm)

Think he's under newspaper though.. wierd little things.

elament Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:54:25
Nope colin spends all day in one of the hides but at night he comes out to watch television lol
headlow Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:29:10
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Is it especially warm in his room at the moment? That could get him to do that.

Or possibly something is there that he is finding particularly interesting?

Nope the temps are the same as they have been. The only thing different is that I have a week off and have been in all day and the TV's been on. My other 3 snakes aren't to be seen though
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:10:36
Nope, casper spends all day in his hide. The only movement you see is when he occasionally foes from his cold hide to his warm hide.
Hes very active of a night though.
n/a Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:01:54

Is it especially warm in his room at the moment? That could get him to do that.

Or possibly something is there that he is finding particularly interesting?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000