The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 housing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danbaylis35 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 09:40:16
hey guys im looking to get yet another two cors next week,but going to start using rubs as its getting very pricey to be buying vivs!! just wondering what size rub you would need for an adult? i read 50l but someone i know said thts abit over the top for a corn,,,,a lil help please
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 21/01/2010 : 19:00:27
This is the 50l rub I use in the above link: clicky here as well.

You can clearly see the handles/lid locks and the strap in this pic:

Here you can see the strap going over the centre piece between the lid flaps and above the side clips:

This is because the side clips (imo) wont hold up to a strong snake.:

Both side lids will still open easily and with no problem with the middle strapped down:

Side lid locked in place:

I think they're one of the better rubs because they're flatter rather than taller so there's not far off double the floor space.
Easier to clean out as well, which is handy.
One thing I have learned to do though is to remember to remove the water bowl and heavy ornaments/hides before moving it.
That's only because this one is not far off 6ft off the ground so I wont risk spilling water all over the rub, or having a nice bit of brick slide into snakie when moving it down.
danbaylis35 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 19:20:40
a piccy would be great thanks
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/01/2010 : 17:12:50
I use(d) these: Wilkos box for a couple of my snakes, they have a greater floor space than most other 50L rubs which tend to be taller.
The measure just over 2ft long, about 15 inches wide and 10 inches tall.

It is clipped in the middle and each side opens the handles double as lid locks for each side. All I done was bought a £1.50 tie down straps to go across the middle because the side clips aren't great and I was putting a king in there so a bit of extra strapping is recommended.

If they're any good for your plans, let me know and I'll take some piccys of mine so you can see exactly what I'm on about.
HannahB Posted - 20/01/2010 : 13:09:19
you could put them in 35L RUBs - they are slightly smaller than the 50L RUBs and then move them up, depending on their sizes.
danbaylis35 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 12:53:12
ones an 07 the othe an 08
HannahB Posted - 20/01/2010 : 10:22:56
are you getting hatchlings next week or adults?

adults will be fine in 50L rubs but a hatchling will need a much smaller rub, you can use fauns to house them which are great - my hatchies are all in them the fauns can last up to about 2 maybe 2.5ft long

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000