The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 how aften does the snake defecate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fernando Pierre Posted - 18/01/2010 : 18:02:43
how often does the snake defecate ( after it eats or just in genral)
i know that it defecates after it sheds
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fernando Pierre Posted - 27/01/2010 : 05:28:42
good you must! you cant sell someone horrible mice!!!!!
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 23:08:19
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

I dont think they get the runs per se, whats more likely is if something doesnt agree with them, they will regurge. the main reason for constipation, or impactions, is where the body either cant process the amount of food, or it is unable to. sometimes however, they do do some really nasty craps, and i wouldnt be surprised if that was more down to the food than anything else. I find that a lot of mine, if they eat 2 meals, then they will have 2 craps, generally speaking, sometimes, more, but more often just the one monster! The main thing is though, as long as the food is being passed, its not too much of a problem!

Only reason I asked was we got mice from a new supplier....and the jumbos for Kellog were defintitely off! The mediums for Silvesta seemed ok....but then we had this extra pooing, so wondered if maybe they werent quite right. Am taking back the bad mice on Thursday to show the shop - was not happy !

xxx
mikerichards Posted - 25/01/2010 : 11:23:26
I dont think they get the runs per se, whats more likely is if something doesnt agree with them, they will regurge. the main reason for constipation, or impactions, is where the body either cant process the amount of food, or it is unable to. sometimes however, they do do some really nasty craps, and i wouldnt be surprised if that was more down to the food than anything else. I find that a lot of mine, if they eat 2 meals, then they will have 2 craps, generally speaking, sometimes, more, but more often just the one monster! The main thing is though, as long as the food is being passed, its not too much of a problem!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/01/2010 : 08:55:50
Im not sure if they can get the runs.

But Stella fed on Thursday and she poohed Saturday, Sunday and This Morning.

Its not un-common for her to defecate every day so im sure silvesta isnt ill.

Gaz
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 04:47:32
I know that corns can get constipated, but do they ever get the runs? Only reason for asking is that Silvesta has pooed 5 times since his last feed (he is being fed once a week) rather than the 3 times he has done so far - although he has only had 4 feeds with us so I am not sure what his 'pattern' is.

Everything looks fine, it is just the fact he has done so many - and I have been caught out for the 1st time ...he pooed yesterday morning so wasnt watching him closely enough when I handled him yesterday afternoon and got a nice little deposit against my leg on the sofa! My OH wasnt a happy man !

xxx
Fernando Pierre Posted - 23/01/2010 : 12:00:04
i will try to keep a note about when they poo!
elament Posted - 23/01/2010 : 11:17:26
Colin Poos about 2 to 3 days after he eats then drops another one (usually on me or my OH) about a day later
Kellog Posted - 23/01/2010 : 05:31:56
It is always good to keep a note of when they poo , which sounds over the top I know but it means you can tell quickly if there is a change in their 'natural' pattern and therefore if there is a problem.

xxx
Fernando Pierre Posted - 22/01/2010 : 13:04:54
cool guys thanks for the info!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 13:08:14
Cool, thanks alot.

Shes a strange one, haha.
kizzig Posted - 19/01/2010 : 12:28:21
Gaz, our Ziggy poos little and often, but Kizzy seems to save hers and does one big poo. Think it depends on the snake though.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 11:38:31
Just wanted to get this back to the top of the pile to see if someone can answer.

Ta

Gaz
Gaz_1989 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 08:52:05
Stella Feeds once every 5 days at the moment, 2 large pinkies.

She then poohs 3 times AT LEAST before her next feed. Once 2 days later, then 3 days later, then 4 days later.

Is this abnormal?

Thanks

Gaz
Fernando Pierre Posted - 19/01/2010 : 04:26:12
haha it would b horrible!
newsnakekeeper Posted - 18/01/2010 : 20:04:10
eeji i dread to think wat the smell be like of a snake that poos every 2 weeks
Fernando Pierre Posted - 18/01/2010 : 18:36:38
ok kwl thanks i feed it once a week two mice!!!!
eeji Posted - 18/01/2010 : 18:30:55
usually once a week if thats how often you feed it. It will usually go 3-4 days after feeding. This will increase in time as it grows, and some of my adults only go every fortnight

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000