The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Stella Hungry?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 14/01/2010 : 21:12:57
I have been feeding stella 2 x Pinkies every 5 days. She is 25g now and I'm in the process of getting her onto fuzzies.

Her last feed was Monday, she had 3 x 2g pinkies, today she has been out all day and hunting around like she is hungry, she didn't used to this until feed day or sometimes the day before.

I've got a variety of pinks and fuzzies in my freezer, what do you think I should give her on saturday? I was going to give her 2 x 3g pinkies. Should I give her 3 x 3g or is this too much?

Thanks

Gaz

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 13:22:44
Thanks alot.

So dont exceed 3 items and progress up 1g every few feeds.

Once she is onto fuzzies, i think it will be just 1 item per feed, its just while she is inbetween pinks and fuzz im having to give her more.

Thanks again

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 15/01/2010 : 12:45:07
as you're moving up a stage i'd go for the total weight per 'meal' but not feed any more than 3 items per feed, ideally moving onto fuzzies after several successful consecutive multiple feeds due to the nutritional value as hawk said.
the larger the mouse the more calcium there will be present and your growing snake will also need that.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 11:29:11
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Thanks GP,

So its better to look at total weight of feeding then? As opposed to focussing on moving up to fuzzy etc?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to feeding multiple items of prey as opposed to 1 item of the same weight?

Thanks alot

Gaz

There are differences, such as the ratio of fat per feed, but also the ease with which the snake will handle the meal.

Gaz_1989 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 08:54:47
Thanks GP,

So its better to look at total weight of feeding then? As opposed to focussing on moving up to fuzzy etc?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to feeding multiple items of prey as opposed to 1 item of the same weight?

Thanks alot

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 14/01/2010 : 21:36:02
i'd look at the total weight that you're feeding per meal and try for 2 x 2g and 1 x 3g ones, it's 7g of pinky rather than 6g and just increase gradually if you're able to with having a variety in your freezer

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000