The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New house- Excuse for a new snake!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/01/2010 : 17:56:04
Hey people, not been on for ages so hope your all ok!?

I'm moving into a 1 bed house (from the mouldy flat at the moment) over next week or 2.

The missus don't know yet but as there will be more space I'm considering a new corn. For those that do not know me I currently have a female anery which I've had for the last 11 years.

I've found a breeder who has a nice selection of young snakes. I know about as much as you can about "keeping" corns as you can in 11 years but never really delved into morphs.

I like the following he has, any info advice or a "vote" on which to get on the following:

Butter

Ghost

Snow

Blizzard

The ones he had are motley but any other suggestions photos appreciated.

I ALREADY AWARE OF IAN'S VIVARIUM!- JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE PREFER! LOL
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/01/2010 : 13:59:32
I know. LegLess is type A anery with a nice yellow on the sides of her mouth going down about 1/5-1/8 body. Might get a type B or one that looks a bit different i.e. motley?
Kellog Posted - 20/01/2010 : 04:42:51
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

My thoughts exactly Kellog!
.......Me thinks Hayley has been looking up rare morph types and then goes for one near the top!? Apparently she says she likes anery .......

If she likes anerys then offer her an anery...they can be stunning, just look at Silvesta! And cheap!!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 19/01/2010 : 15:36:44
My thoughts exactly Kellog!

Thanks for wishing us well, it is such a nice little house i'm so happy too! Plus the fact that the flat we're in is so damp and miserable makes moving in that much more exciting!

Me thinks Hayley has been looking up rare morph types and then goes for one near the top!? Apparently she says she likes anery (like LegLess) and wants something with the greys and black to suit it. She doesn't like the paler ones :-< i.e. butter, snow. I think I'm slowly twisting her arm towards caramel even though by comparisson is fairly pale.

EDIT: Caramels vary from yellow to light brown with black outline so a dark yellow or light brown would be nice. Where to get one though!?
Kellog Posted - 19/01/2010 : 07:03:04
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Thanks for updated comments. I let Hayley in on my idea of a new addition!

Got confirmation of new house. Moving in Thursday this week! Hayley said I can get one if I can find space!

She doesn't like the snow, ghost, blizzard or butter :-<

She wants to go for either a Pewter, Granite or similar. Any thoughts? Availability or rareness?

http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/pewter/

See above site for photos

She knows what she is doing your OH !!!

Has agreed to you getting the new addition but only if she can chose it and has chosen the morphs that are probably some of the hardest and most expensive to get!!! (correct me if I am wrong Morph Master!!) Certainly more hard to find and more expensive than your suggestions!

I wonder if she has an ulterior motive for her choice (does she maybe realise that going along with her wishes wont be easy )

Congrats on new house, hope move goes well on Thursday.

xxx
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 17:22:35
Thanks for updated comments. I let Hayley in on my idea of a new addition!

Got confirmation of new house. Moving in Thursday this week! Hayley said I can get one if I can find space!

She doesn't like the snow, ghost, blizzard or butter :-<

She wants to go for either a Pewter, Granite or similar. Any thoughts? Availability or rareness?

http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/pewter/

See above site for photos
Paul Hume Posted - 17/01/2010 : 15:11:26
I would go with Snow, But I am a bit bias too.
Fernando Pierre Posted - 17/01/2010 : 09:00:23
i would say a snow corn
Lilpunk Posted - 17/01/2010 : 07:50:21
Snow :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 23:21:29
Either Ghost (because i have one or Blizzard, i love blizzards.
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 22:39:34
Cheers Kehhlyr I'll have to keep that in mind. When we inspected house initially there was a nice little "nook" where a stack would look great! HEHE

I would love a king Lee. Unfortunately convincing Hayley they make as good a pet as corns is an uphill struggle. Do like the Mexis though.
lee2308 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 23:39:07
Get a king,should have some baby mexis this season,do you a deal lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/01/2010 : 18:55:50
Just remember one thing.
If there's space for one viv, then that means there should be space for a viv stack.
So get them all.
HannahB Posted - 15/01/2010 : 17:09:23
get a blizzard!!

a pure white snake is stunning...plus they have feisty characters as hatchies so more fun

good - dont blame you tbh - better safe than sorry
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 17:00:56
Thanks Hannah. Turns out that equipment was ok afterall! Nevermind. Rather have been cautious.

Stuck between blizzard and butter me thinks!
HannahB Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:44:22
BLIZZZZZZZZZZZZARD!!!

there arent enough of these little crackerjacks about!!!

nice to have you back bengy
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:41:05
lol!!!
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:36:59
True Gaz. Think butter would look good too. Can't remember what type aner mine is but she has small yellow patch of scales from the mouth to bout 1/10 way down her body so butter will look good. AARRGGHH I dont know.

Anery type A. Answered my own Q.

*edited by Kehhlyr - double posting*
Gaz_1989 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:33:22
Snow!!! (Not that im biased either) lol.

Or a butter.

I think snow and anery are a nice combination though.

Gaz
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:32:11
Not on hatchlings obviously but his semi adult etc. I guess he'd have to price in the food whereas CF or WC would be cheaper.

PS looking for a hatchling though! What you suggest good price for butter hatchling?

*edited by Kehhlyr - double posting*
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 16:22:24
Why would captive bred snakes make him more pricy?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000