The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 bad news!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 05/01/2010 : 13:03:42
i just had some bad news, the butter motley stripe i was getting has just dies, it orginally had a shedding problem wich they thought was also another problem, and have just bee in formed that it has diid, i am so upset, i was really looking forward to getting this new snake and had everything set up. im so upset.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rik Posted - 06/01/2010 : 22:35:41
Appletons Exotics are in Wigan. Its a reptile store and had lots of corns last time i was in for stuff. They have all kinds of reptiles there and nice to deal with.
gmac Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:41:57
Reptiledanny, sorry its not worked out for you this time.

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

The 'dark side ' is RFUK (I think), but I really would advise against you venturing there. It can be a difficult site to handle....not as friendly and welcoming as here, and I wonder about how much you can trust what is said.

I got my babba royals from the dark side from a nice guy, we went out to his house to see the snakes before we bought them and we also keep in contact.
hillzi Posted - 06/01/2010 : 12:27:41
It's not TOO bad, wading through the rubbish and what not there'e some very knowledgeable people on there, but the attitude of the typical RFUKer is 'OH I DONT LIKE IT! MEANS THEYR'E WRONG! FLAME THEM TO INFINITY!'

Some are really nice people, unfortunately, it's finding them thats the trouble!
Kellog Posted - 06/01/2010 : 03:28:13
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

wat is the dark side, wat site is it?

The 'dark side ' is RFUK (I think), but I really would advise against you venturing there. It can be a difficult site to handle....not as friendly and welcoming as here, and I wonder about how much you can trust what is said.

You seem to have a good plan for getting your snake and the support of your parents. Stick with that and dont be tempted by anything offered that you are unsure about. Check it out on here first.

xxx
reptiledanny Posted - 05/01/2010 : 20:27:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I am so sorry ReptileDanny about you not being able to get the snake you wanted. It does worry me how attached you get to certain snakes even when you havent even seen them for real or handled them.

I hope you manage to find another one you like. Maybe try not being so set on the morph you want but rather look for a snake you like.

I do hope you find one soon. Concentrate on getting this snake and loving it and giving it the best home before you begin to think about getting any more or any different types.

I also hope your parents are being supportive about this and will help you find a new snake that you can love like you love Monty.

xxx

my parents are very supportive on wat i get. they always have thier oppinion ready, if they don't like the morph they say but at the end of the day it's my decision, its up to me, but they have some say in it that is wat i want, a snake that hadles well so i can love it and spiol it like i did to monty can't wait now, if i waited 3 months for this one then i can wait another 3 months or more. i will just have to spoil luna rotton at the moment more than i already do. will have to splash owt on her a bit more. get her a new ledge or somthing, and more crickets, and then wrap them in a littl red bow
reptiledanny Posted - 05/01/2010 : 20:22:15
thanks to you all,
kellog, i am not set on a butter stripe but really like them, it was the only one i liked out of all the snakes i had seen from sue, and yes i did get a bit attached but wen i my parenst sed yes and see sed k i then thought i was definatly getting it and nothing could stop it, but then this happened. will get over it. not as bad if i had bought it and it died. that would have been awfull and alot more upsetting. i wasnt terrably upset but did have a little tear in my eye, . i think i will just wait untill breeding season starts and wen sue has more or donny. wen people get more stock in, 2010 stock, then i will see wat morph i want, all depends on wat i see, the only thing i now i want is a stripe or motley stripe, unless its a snow. gives me more time to get setups ready, things in, like better hides and more decor, only had the bare minimun in and was meant to be getting more this weekend but it now means that i can get a few things and look around.

wat is the dark side, wat site is it?
Kellog Posted - 05/01/2010 : 19:34:27
I am so sorry ReptileDanny about you not being able to get the snake you wanted. It does worry me how attached you get to certain snakes even when you havent even seen them for real or handled them.

I hope you manage to find another one you like. Maybe try not being so set on the morph you want but rather look for a snake you like.

I do hope you find one soon. Concentrate on getting this snake and loving it and giving it the best home before you begin to think about getting any more or any different types.

I also hope your parents are being supportive about this and will help you find a new snake that you can love like you love Monty.

xxx
hillzi Posted - 05/01/2010 : 18:16:36
tried the dark side?
HannahB Posted - 05/01/2010 : 15:31:47
aw thats a shame, sorry to hear about poor snakey..
does the breeder have to be in manchester - some breeders will charge for a courier to deliver - my mont was delivered up to me from portsmouth when i got him..
eeji Posted - 05/01/2010 : 13:51:08
aw bad news mate :(

I'll keep my eyes open for you
n/a Posted - 05/01/2010 : 13:39:49
aw im really sorry to hear he/she died mate
and i dont know of any breeders in manchester, sorry
reptiledanny Posted - 05/01/2010 : 13:20:31
no, monty still hasnt turned up, does anyone know any breeders in manchester, i am looking for one of these,
butter stripe or motley stripe male
amel stripe het caramel female
ultramel het caramel het stripe female
Gaz_1989 Posted - 05/01/2010 : 13:14:52
Thats not good mate. Better it happen now though than after you had owned it for a few days or weeks i suppose.

You on the look out for the same again? Or anything?

Did MONTY turn up?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000