The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snakes wanting to escape all of a sudden?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/01/2010 : 01:03:57
Okay I know corns want to escape all the time but my two are going mad the past few days.

Both of them are fine half the time, sitting in there hides warm and cold. But they are really pushing at the top of the viv's.
The viv's themselves are big enough, I think, going on the L+D of viv = Snake length, but I'm wondering if I should upgrade?
Substrate hasn't changed levels since I first got them.
I handle both 10-30 minutes each day, but have cut down since I noticed they were getting irate.

They are pushing at the lids of the viv's hard enough to make the front half of their bodies shake, I'm worried they will hurt themselves.

Please any advise is as always greatly appreciated.

Jamie
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/01/2010 : 00:51:24
Thanks guys,

Really put my mind at rest lol. I thought I might have been doing something wrong.

Thanks again,

Jamie
Stumpy Posted - 04/01/2010 : 17:18:04
When I rehoused Tango into a Perfecto Viv with a mesh top it took him 3 days to rip the mesh to form a hole large enough to escape.
Since I put him in a wooden viv he has behaved himself.
Lilpunk Posted - 04/01/2010 : 07:44:43
When I go into my local reptile shop, all the lil' corns are almost always tyring to nose their way out of their RUB's xD It's quite amusing to watch, I wouldn't worry about it myself but I'd also wait for someone with more experience to answer ;)
n/a Posted - 04/01/2010 : 02:16:24
Hi there!

I can't give you any hard and fast reasons why, but my two young corns go through this, not long after they've shed. I know they're in the right sized fauns so I have always put it down to youthful madness and a kamikaze tendency!!

If that's not the case then I'd be really interested to hear from others. If it's something the I/we are doing that's upsetting the Corns then I'd really like to know.

Best wishes xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000