The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Cats and snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 03/01/2010 : 23:16:52
My cat has taken to sitting on the bit of heat mat that is protruding from underneath Alices tank. I'v tried to keep carefully taking her off whenever I have noticed without spooking her so she knocks the tank but firm enough to teach her not to sit there.
Just wondered what you guys thought about whether I should allow her to sit there or not. I don't want to stress Alice any more than he is already but didn't know if they should be getting used to each other being around
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/01/2010 : 10:32:17
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Put a small bowl of lemon juice (jif is best) or some fresh orange peels where you dont want her to be, that normally does the job as most cats can't stand citrus fruits

Good advice Kehhlyr, my mum puts orange peel in the flowerbeds to stop my cats from digging them up.
kdlang Posted - 04/01/2010 : 08:45:33
Thanks. Last night we had staring competitions between Alice and the dog and between him and the cat. He seems to be wary but curious. I certainly don't want the cat knocking his faun off. I have never heard of cats not liking citrus things kehhlyr so I will certainly try that one.
Kellog Posted - 04/01/2010 : 04:04:43
It certainly is a danger having the cat around the faun like that. I know a forum member whose cat did knock their faun onto the floor and the snake escaped, so it is a big risk. I am also not sure about how stressed Alice must be having a cat sitting next to her home...she could very well be stressed and you are not seeing the signs yet.

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/01/2010 : 00:35:09
Put a small bowl of lemon juice (jif is best) or some fresh orange peels where you dont want her to be, that normally does the job as most cats can't stand citrus fruits
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/01/2010 : 23:59:41
I'm guessing that you currently have your snake in a Faunarium since the heat mat is protuding out from underneath. If so i would personally be afraid of the cat knocking the faun off from where ever it is as you wouldn't want your snake to escape, especially with a cat and or dog in the house.

We also have cats in our house and the place where i had the faun set up had just enough space for the cats to walk around it, in the end i had to move the tank through fear of them knocking it over.

It now sits where my xbox used to be, simply because the cats know that they are not alowed on there.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000