The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Thank you for your kind messages and helpful info!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 01:09:31
Firstly thank you so much for all your messages welcoming me here!!!
The information was very helpful

The guy in the shop fed my snakes the morning i got them. I was a little worried as when i approach the snakes they hide. The man said to handle them straight away so glad i went with my instinct to let them settle in first

I originally went for one my little one, a natural corn i think, he/she has no name yet so any suggestions?

When i held him i fell in love

But how could i leave 'gunter' he/she is approx 1 foot long, very pale almost white with very pale orange block pattern. He has red stipes on his under side.

Im sure somebody can help identify him when load some pics, have to figure that one out first!!!

All you info has been so helpful thank you!!!

My scrap book is ready and waiting!!

***moved from Intros to General by GP***
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 03/01/2010 : 14:42:03
on the forums we try to advise the best way of doing things, best for you and your snake though this does sometimes differ to what people were told in their local pet/rep shop

we have no ulterior motives, no sales to make, no animals to push and make sound more appealing.....TBH if any shop told you you shouldn't handle your new pride and joy for a whole week you'd be likely to look elsewhere....
Kellog Posted - 03/01/2010 : 03:26:21
No need for the thanks Shelly, that is what we are here for!!

I am so glad you went with your own instincts instead of following the advice given by the man in the shop!! Not only do they need the week to settle in but you should NEVER handle a snake for 48 hrs after they have been fed! I cant believe he suggested it was ok to handle them .

Am not sure whether you are keeping them in the same viv or not. If you are then please be aware of the risks, make sure you read this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070...it really shows the differing opinions but, most importantly, it hightlights the risks.

Cant wait to see the pics of 'no-name' and Gunter. Have you checked out this link - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14? Once photos are up then you will get expert advise on what morph they are (step up Eeji, the morph master!!).

As for name suggestions, look at this and see if anything suits your little one....http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673&SearchTerms=snake+names

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:18:47
Welcome to the forums, I only recently joined upmyself. I got my first corn snake last Tuesday, i was originally looking for a candycane corn snake, but when i went into the shop they had just sold the last one, then when i held the Ghost corn i just decided right away that i was going to get her.

Shes a fighsty one but i'm sure she will calm down with regular handling.

But anyway enough of my stories lol, can't wait to see the pics she sounds like a beauty.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000