The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Escaping?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 22:42:03
Hi all

Well i own 2 corn snake hatchlings and recently ive noticed that durin the night Shake is most of the time exploring round the faun.. Now my faun has 2 lid bits that just pop open abit ish one bigand a small one.. And basically most of the time late at night shes always slitherin round the lid and near the clear open hatch bits.. I was wonderin if maybe shes lookin for a way out? I hope not...

thanx for readin
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 05/01/2010 : 20:54:38
I have one of those fauns and not had any issues, but saying that Elijah is still only small, with mine the small hatch seems really tough to open, although after continued use I dare say that will change. The larger one is also quite hard to open, but I make a habit of studying Elijah so I'm hoping any interest in that area will be spotted, if I ever do feel he will try and go for an escape, then I'll be whacking a food dish on them.
hillzi Posted - 05/01/2010 : 18:11:16
true. dont use tape.

If I were you, throw some school books on there.
n/a Posted - 05/01/2010 : 16:25:21
I've got that faun aswell, during the night my snake goes to the top and is upsidedown on the lid a lot of the time (she's a spiderman snake :P ) When I brought the faun I was told not to open the small hatch because it's not very secure so if yours is the same, try not to use the little hatch. I was worried myself so thanks for the advice about the books, is there a more permanenant way of keeping the lid secure though? I was thinking of taping the small hatch down but I'm worried sib will get caught in the tape and that will be BAD.
HannahB Posted - 03/01/2010 : 11:40:49
if you put the lid down properly and weigh it down with a heavy book or something similar then they shouldnt be able to.. i use those fauns and havent had any issues yet
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 11:27:09
can they not like force the side of the lid off the faun as they also tend to crawl round that part too? See i was gona get one of those glass and mesh vivs but was told there easier for the snake to escape from..?!
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 11:17:27
Ive got 5 of these fauns for my young snakies, they do spend a lot of time round the opening. What I have done with a couple is put a paperweight or heavy book over the lid just to make it that bit heavier.
Kellog Posted - 03/01/2010 : 05:19:31
Sounds like you definitely need to do something to try and secure the lids, although what I am not sure as I dont have any experience of that type of faun??

Anyone got one similar????

xxx
eeji Posted - 03/01/2010 : 01:08:07
i think cornsnakes make it their lifes work to try to escape :D
a33272 Posted - 03/01/2010 : 00:01:51
there escape artists an will try to get out anywhere
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/01/2010 : 00:01:07
It's a combination of general nosiness and the fact it'll have found a small draught coming from there and now wants to explore that area. Unfortunately, that area is outside the faun.

They have also been known to somehow pop the lids open in the past, so it might be worth just making sure they are nice and secure as well.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000