The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Saftey.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 23:09:40
Hey guys is this a good product to use to clean all reptile stuff or is it hazardous to your reptiles and will it do the job well if not can you reccommend another
Thanks alot,
Luke.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 21:31:32
quote:
Originally posted by Luke

...he is very defensive of his viv and always bites me when I go to get him out and he always thinks my ands are food so lol

TBH that's a VERY good reason to get him feeding OUT of the viv hun!

if you're worried about getting him back into the viv you can always gently (and patiently) tip him back in when he's done....

hillzi Posted - 02/01/2010 : 20:43:32
what i do luke, but I switched to newspaper.
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 18:33:01
Ok thanks alot Ginger Pony, Im going to change to aspen and do you think placing maybe 1 or 2 peices of paper inside the viv and put the mouse on top then e will chomp on the paper and not ingest, one thing about putting him in a tub is that he is very defensive of his viv and always bites me when I go to get him out and he always thinks my ands are food so lol its a pain.
Thanks.
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:46:06
it depends on the size of the chipping compared to the size of the snake, obviously an adult snake has a better chance of it passing through without damaging any internal organs on its way........

if you like beech chippings in the viv just try to get him used to feeding in a tub, i find it easier cos then i can clean while they're out of the way too. alternatively Aspen shouldn't cause major problems if ingested though it's still not good
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:33:45
although its avery small peice and hes 5 so hes probly had ti before and havnt seen, Its not visible on the outside so it might just pass through!
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:27:13
yes, I would like to have him on repti carpet or others but he so likes to burrow, do you think if I change him to aspen it wouldnt get eaten and wouldnt be as bad to digest as bark?
Thanks.
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 17:10:59
is it beech chippings that you're using for substrate?

i'd monitor him pretty closely till he next 'goes', beech chippings are pretty undigestable and could cause an impaction requiring a trip to the vets..........hopefully he'll pass it though *crosses fingers*

it's a good reason for feeding out of the viv in a tub with just a sheet of paper in the bottom..........
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 14:55:46
Ok thanks alot, opps one more thing I just fed my adult corn snake and he striked for his mouse hes such a good eater, although he ate a bit of woodchip?
Is this really bad or will his body take it?
Lol atleast one good thing Saw him yawn its so cool, I was so proud at that moment:).
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 14:16:36
not used it myself but it looks fine hun
n/a Posted - 02/01/2010 : 14:13:14
Haha Sorry Im sure I pasted it thanks: http://www.evolutionreptiles.co.uk/products/care-products/cleaning-products/vetaclean/
hiper2009 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 11:34:52
Have you got a name of the product or a pic ?
hillzi Posted - 01/01/2010 : 23:17:03
Got a pic of the bottle?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000