The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara3502 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 15:38:36
I am really confused. Everything says things about juviniles and adults and that babies change their colors so, can you guys help?
How old are babies whan they become juviniles and juvuiniles to adults? And how long does it take for them to get their adult color?
Thank you.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 02/01/2010 : 12:40:59
hatchie, yearling, juvie/sub-adult then adult for me but different people's terminology can differ.......
hiper2009 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 11:36:47
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Up to one year told they are a "hatchling" meaning a baby. Then they are a "yearling." They are "adult" when they are three years old.

To see examples of the differences between the "baby look" and the gully grown look, go here http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php then click on any of the pics, it will take you to a page where there will be other pics that show those differences.

The change in colour is gradual, as already mentioned.

Agree with you on that one ^^.
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:02:21

Up to one year told they are a "hatchling" meaning a baby. Then they are a "yearling." They are "adult" when they are three years old.

To see examples of the differences between the "baby look" and the gully grown look, go here http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php then click on any of the pics, it will take you to a page where there will be other pics that show those differences.

The change in colour is gradual, as already mentioned.

reptiledanny Posted - 01/01/2010 : 15:57:47
i don't know the proper answer but i think it's something like 0-1.5 years baby, 1.5-2.5 juvi, 2.5- adult, i think with every shed there colours get brighter up until i think around about 3-4 years then the colours are all there.
Paul Hume Posted - 01/01/2010 : 15:43:28
I have no idea but would be interested to find out, I have a baby Caro and her colours change slightly every shed, and I have just bought a Snow so cant wait to see her grow and change.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone can answer this question though ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000