The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snakey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara3502 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:52:59
My corn is not eating. I have had it 4 about 3 weeks. the pet store gave us a live pinkie and it did not eat it. it will not eat dead frozen ones that I have defrosted either. we are gonna try crickets,but i want to know what else we should try too. it has a ten gallon tank and it is 2 1/2 months old. It has fresh water all the time and 2 sides of the tank are covered with that aquarium decorative paper. it also has a heat pad. what else do you suggest and should I try crickets on it?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 03:44:07
How are you measuring the temps and what are they for each side of the viv?
As it is on the floor could it be in a draught?
What info did you get about your snakes feeding before you got it?

It doesnt say on your profile where you are from and I am assuming it is not in the UK as I very much doubt they would feed live pinkies.

Check this topic out as it may help with a non-feeding snake - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

Are you handling your snake? It would be very good if you started monitoring its weight so you can see if there is any noticeable weightloss.

Please try and give us as much info as possible so we can try and help.

xxx
Sara3502 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:58:29
In my room on the ground and he has three hides.One in the cold side and 2 on the hot side.
HannahB Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:56:09
dont try the crickets - they have no nutritional value for snakes so nothing really will be gained..
have you tried chopping the pinkie up? braining it? scenting it with chick or tuna brine?
what are the temps like in the viv and are there plenty of hides?

you could get some reptiboost - its got the nutrients in its missing out on by not feeding so will act as a temporary pick me up..

was he feeding regularly before you got him?
and last question..where in your house is his home?

sorry for all the q's

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000