The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Just a little warning regarding hides!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:25:08
After seeing how karma had flipped her plant pot into her water and not knowing how she done it, well I think she got stuck in it.
I have just looked over at her and she was wedged in the other platpot, (the small holes in the top)
Very carfully I cut the pot then used my fingeres to split the plastic so she could get out which is not easy when You have a hatchling thats freeking out!

Other than a few snagged scales she is fine luckaly! Its a good job I was awake or she could have been like it all night or done more damage!

Maybe when new owners ask about what to use for hides, Im wondering if it is wise we dont suggest plant pots? Or if someone does maybe with a little warning that things like that can happen?

I have now replaced her pots with toilet rolls! Bit safer me thinks!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 29/12/2009 : 13:51:34
Have just looked back at the picture, And from the way I have taken it the pot and bowl do look alot smaller than what they actually are, In comparison the hide's diamiter is rougly about 5-6 inches at the widest point shrinking up to about 4-5 inches. The water bowel is 7 inches across.
I was going to get them now water bowls before christmas but did not get chance, so They wil be getting new ones in the new year!
gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 07:49:42
having seen the pic in the photos thread isn't the hide (and water bowl?) a little small for her?
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 07:22:42
AWW!
Poor baby!
Hope She is feeling ok!
Slinx has a shop bought hide and a wrapping paper cardboard roll aswell- I didnt really fancy using a plant pot- just incase she got stuck!
xXx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000