The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 free rome

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 18:52:50
does any1 let there corn snake rome about in your house for a bit? and for how long if u do?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 04:18:49
Am sure it is dependant on age and personality of snake. Kellog is an adult and I let him roam on the floor, sofa, up and down the stairs....but I ALWAYS have a hand resting on him and know all the danger spots...like under the sofa and behind the bookcase, so as soon as he heads in that direction I move him away - although sometimes he can be very stubborn and even if I move him to other end of room he finds his way back straight away!! So beware!!

xxx
eeji Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:47:18
quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82

i made the mistake of letting Tartan out of my sight for 2 seconds...

I spent an hour taking apart an office chair for it

woops!
HannahB Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:39:29
i let mine have a small roam across the bed..with the king its not too hard to keep an eye on him - he usually winds up round my neck anyway lol but with the corns i make sure my hands are close to them and theres nothing they can hide under nearby
they wont be allowed to roam the floor for a long time yet though!
PunkAsF82 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 00:48:38
i made the mistake of letting Tartan out of my sight for 2 seconds...

I spent an hour taking apart an office chair for it
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:30:56
good to hear.

eeji Posted - 27/12/2009 : 20:50:09
Hillzi nailed it on the head, its all about supervising them and keeping a very close eye, and moving them if they get too close to somewhere they shouldn't be
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 20:05:14
Your'e not wrong Chrissy! and your advice isn't wrong or bad!

the time is fine, 15-20 mins so they dont get stressed. I'm still building bridges trust wise with the boys so i don't do it. YET. Waiting till Blitz trusts me better, and Blaze is big and lazy.

it's exercise afterall, left supervised it'll be fine. Letting them go up and downstairs (again watch them like a HAWK!) is good if they'll a lil podgy.
Twi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 19:45:11
I let ginger roam the floor, bed and couch but im always there with her make sure she doesnt go between the couch cushins or somewhere difficult to get to.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 19:36:31
I let slinky runs through my fingers/hands when Im sitting on the bed- and Hubby holds her as well- thats as close to free roaming as she gets :)
xXx
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 19:33:32
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire_Dan

Nope.....

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

so its a no from me too

ouch to me then ayy sorry for giving out bad advice
eeji Posted - 27/12/2009 : 19:24:11
theres way too much chance they'd escape, so its a no from me too
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 18:58:31
Nope..... too many places for even an adult corn to get lost in. They'd be under the floorboards, inside/behind the fire, behind the kitchen cupboards and all over the place.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 18:56:51
i let my corn have a roam around on the floor, on my bed, on the sofa etc for aslong as i would usually handle her for .. so about 15 - 20mins usually

care must be taken when you are letting them roam around though, one eye must always be on them to make sure they dont hurt themselves, go into a hole you cannot get them out of etc

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000