The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Question about my corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 18:28:22
Hello, ive had a 4 month old Miami Corn Snake for 3 weeks to the day, and he has been fed twice in that time, Once a week, First time was a pinky head because thats the last thing they put down on his Feeding Record, And then as he is 4-5 months old i thought id give him a full pinky, which i did on tuesday, as of now he hasnt had a pooh. Im rather concerned now, i couldnt find any first time, and havent found any this time. i even cleaned out his whole viv incase i missed it somewhere, and they was none? Im worried about this now, Any advice?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 20:34:43
He's always been in the cold end hide, all the way through the time ive had him, i believe its the hide he likes, When i saw him this morning tho he took his 'Poo' in the warm end, And stayed there a while so no worries, thanks for all your help :)
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 13:10:29
He may be in shed. Corn usually goes into cool when he's in shed.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 10:31:31
Woke up this morning to find my corn actually having a poo.. :o
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 23:00:39
thank you for the reassurance hawk :)
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 22:41:12

Could be he wants another hide in there, could be he goes there when you're not looking

Wouldn't do any harm giving him another hide, but from what you're saying it sounds like he's doing fine .

n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 22:34:13
Oh and i feel the need to add that he's always in his cool end, i dont know if this is cos he just likes the coconut hide or what, the other side its just a big log of wood, could show pics if needed

Edit: its like a big piece of barky-wood on the warm side, able to go under
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 22:33:00
I'm not sure they didnt say, He's been striking at every feed tho, i think hes a little small for 4 months but not sure, i think they just fed him on bare minimum to survive off, sometimes pinky bodies, sometimes pinky heads, on his feeding record hes always striked at it tho, and did at the full pinky the second he saw it. so he has no problem eating, im still worried about the poohing tho, his temps are 25c cool - 29-30c warm
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 21:50:50

Possibly. Why was he fed on pinkie heads only and why only once a week? Did the shop say anything on that? He should be on a (whole) pinkie, every 5 days, and, depending on size, you may be able to increase that to 2 pinkies every 5-6 days once he's stable on the 1 pinkie meals.

n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 19:23:17
hes on aspen, maybe the pooh has just gone under the radar, if its very small? I found something earlier today and it was darkish brown but the underside of it, looked kinda like wood..? it was rock hard. dunno if thats dried up pooh or not, but maybe it was?
eeji Posted - 26/12/2009 : 18:48:01
what substrate do you keep/feed him on?

some of my babies go a week to a week and a half before pooing. If they haven't poo'd before their next meal, they usually do once they smell food to make a bit more room inside :D
hillzi Posted - 26/12/2009 : 18:41:07
Well there wouldnt have been much in a pinkie head compared the whole pink, so he will absorb more nutrients out of the mouse's head, less waste to poo out. if you get me.

Also search 'poo' be loads of results.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000