The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 what to do with sheds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 23/12/2009 : 20:21:59
wat do you guys do with sheds. do you keep them or do you bin them.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 04:02:42
quote:
Originally posted by Luke

hehe, my five year old corny snake Neo has just shed, although he crapped and weed all over it so couldnt keep it :(, ah well glad he shed in one,
Luke.

Dont worry Luke...you have many years ahead of you to get a 'clean' shed that isnt all messed up!

xxx
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 00:18:26
hehe, my five year old corny snake Neo has just shed, although he crapped and weed all over it so couldnt keep it :(, ah well glad he shed in one,
Luke.
Taz Devil Posted - 29/12/2009 : 09:52:32
I have kept all sids sheds while she has been with me. Her last one was on Christmas Day, so that was anice present to wake up to. It's been one of the longest times between sheds and also the longest time to actually shed (a little over 3 weeks).
Paulusworm Posted - 29/12/2009 : 09:21:33
The broken ones get binned once the usual checks for eye caps, tail tip, etc have been done but if they are intact they get unrolled, dried and taken to school by the kids.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 09:01:14
I kept Tartans last shed with me, and it's perfect. Eye caps, nostrils, the works!
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 04:30:26
Fantastic news about Ossie and so glad you saw some of it...it is such an amazing process isnt it!!

Seem to remember a certain forum member who had a family member who was scared of snakes....this forum member tried to paint a full shed snake colours...planning on planting it in family members bed!! Unfortunately it stuck to cardboard he had painted it to so never managed to pull his prank!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:22:58
Ossie had his first shed with us tonight, we didn't see the start but saw it from about half way dow, it was brilliant, it come off all in one piece, eyes and tail intact, he's like a different snake now, roaming around his viv, playing hide and seek over his log. He miht eat now, it'd been nearly 2 weeks now bless him, litle bugger must be starving.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 11:15:48
quote:
Originally posted by ghostmike

I love the idea about the baby book! We thumbtacked mine to the message board at home. But definatley going to make a scrap book now;)

:)

Ive also decided to measure her (when she stays still long enough)and then put them in an envelope at the back- so I can "see" her growing on paper :)
As well as putting her weigh-ins, pics and anything else I can stuff in there :)
Basically "The Chronicles of Slinky" :)

xXx
reptiledanny Posted - 27/12/2009 : 09:06:33
Wow I really did not expect to get this many replies. Wow and it's still going .
n/a Posted - 27/12/2009 : 06:13:44
I love the idea about the baby book! We thumbtacked mine to the message board at home. But definatley going to make a scrap book now;)
hillzi Posted - 26/12/2009 : 17:05:45
Same. Shame really, I always get one piece mint sheds from the guy's.

a33272 Posted - 26/12/2009 : 16:47:49
i bin mine as usually end up being poo'd on
hillzi Posted - 26/12/2009 : 16:41:51
They'd be far too dry and britle
reptiledanny Posted - 26/12/2009 : 14:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

In a word, no.

haha lol. Just no.
hillzi Posted - 26/12/2009 : 14:05:48
In a word, no.
n/a Posted - 26/12/2009 : 13:07:53
If you collect loads can you make armour out of it?
n/a Posted - 25/12/2009 : 23:45:51
i have kept the 1st one, then with most of the ones i have had after that i bin. but every so often my kids ask can they take it to school to show the class.
hillzi Posted - 25/12/2009 : 17:02:58
Well if they come flatpacked, you assemble them onto a concrete base, trying to follow the instructions in every language BUT english and try make use of the sweedish measurements.

Paulusworm Posted - 25/12/2009 : 15:56:07
Mine's full of the kids' garden toys, strimmer, lawnmower, wood, etc .
Kellog Posted - 25/12/2009 : 05:07:05
quote:
Originally posted by Grace85

I came home from work today to fnd Ossie's eye really milky so he's definately on his way to a shed, thought he might have been as he didn't eat his mouse on tuesday and he's been a bit irritable.
As this is his first shed with me do you guys have any advice to make it easier on him apart from keeping his tank moist??

Just move water bowl nearer to warm side, which very slightly increases humidity. You wont know until this shed what sort of shedder he may be and whether he may need more help next time.

When he does shed make sure you check the shed for the eyecaps and tail tip, to make sure they have come off clean.

Hope you get to see it...amazing experience. But if you dont you have years ahead of you to watch him!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000