The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Jungle Corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 23/12/2009 : 12:54:24
I have seen for sale a'Jungle Corn'

Said to be a cross between a Cali King Snake and a Corn Snake.

Has anyone got one of these? How would there temperament and gerneral requirements differ to a corn?

Not particularly thinking about having one, just curious :-)

Thanks

Gaz
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 22/01/2011 : 08:39:39
I dont have Jungles, but i have metallics, which are corn cross durango mountain Kings, tbh they are not all that different to normal corns, all of them are very typical corn in their general behaviour. Obviously its not worth the risk of cohabitting them, even if you know you have a male and female, just for the sake of safety. the only real difference to corns, other than their looks, is their feeding habits, the feed much more like Kings than corns, much more enthusiastic, agessive with food, and greedy!!
Care wise, its pretty much standard corn care for them, i dont do anything different.
n/a Posted - 21/01/2011 : 22:55:27
I have just got a jungle corn snake- and was hoping i would get some more expert info from here... but apparently- u lot r almost as clueless as me??!

Mine is very much like a corn and all factsheets say to treat and care for them the same way...no doubt your not at all bothered now a year later!!!

Temperament wise, he is not particularly huffy....in the long run they can have more agressive tendancies as the king attack their own kind and have been known to eat eachother... but really i think it depends on how they are looked after. Mine seems to be more corn snake than grrrr!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 08/01/2010 : 19:52:54
Only just found this thread, forgot id posted the question, lol.

Im still looking into this cross so would be interesting if anyone has got one or got any links to any info.

Thanks for replys above,

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 25/12/2009 : 21:51:29
that's basically the problem with hybrids, do you keep them like the mother's species or the father's species........?
the benefit of a jungle corn is that it's not a particularly unusual cross (although their numbers are still quite limited) so there should be info available.....................somewhere!
lmfastcars Posted - 24/12/2009 : 15:21:29
lmao
eeji Posted - 24/12/2009 : 12:18:52
quote:
Originally posted by pinktoe

i have never delt with 1 in but if you wish i could ask about at my work to see if any knows much about them as you were asking about temperment the temperment of a corn snake well youl know yur self very easy very relaxed as for a cali king snake can be quiet huffy snakes other than that they can be quiet relaxed as well i will try and find out for you

theres a lot of snake keepers at McDonalds?
Kellog Posted - 24/12/2009 : 04:53:50
quote:
Originally posted by pinktoe

i have never delt with 1 in but if you wish i could ask about at my work to see if any knows much about them as you were asking about temperment the temperment of a corn snake well youl know yur self very easy very relaxed as for a cali king snake can be quiet huffy snakes other than that they can be quiet relaxed as well i will try and find out for you

How can a huffy snake be quiet?? And even if you mean quite huffy how can they also be 'quiet' relaxed at the same time??!

Looking forward to what your work says about it, although I would have thought that as an exotics expert you would be able to answer the question without asking for advice!

xxx
eeji Posted - 23/12/2009 : 13:06:47
you'd keep them more like a king than a corn
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 13:01:31

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000