The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 winter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 15:24:21
hi all....for the last few days i have not really seen my corn snake. he normally comes out every day but since the snow has come he has been very inactive. the temp in the viv is 31 one end and 24 the other...is this a common thing
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 23/12/2009 : 07:44:45
they might slow down, or choose to spend more time in the cooler end of the viv to self-brumate unless you con them into thinking the days are longer with artificial lighting either in or out of the viv.
when i get up i leave a light on in the bedroom for a few hours (where the snakes are) so to them it's 'daylight' from 7am. tho ideally i'd have it on a timer for a 13-14hr daylight cycle for the youngsters i really don't want think about brumation!
Kellog Posted - 23/12/2009 : 03:39:17
Thanks for asking Nick, I wondered if the shorter days and the cold would have an effect on snakes.

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

the shorter daylight hours are a cue for brumation when they're much less active and often won't feed........

But will they go into brumation despite their temps being kept at the same as normal?

xxx
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 01:57:47
thanks guys....will keep an eye on him....cheers
gingerpony Posted - 22/12/2009 : 23:48:57
the shorter daylight hours are a cue for brumation when they're much less active and often won't feed........
hiper2009 Posted - 22/12/2009 : 16:19:35
Maybe your snake is in a shedd stage if so they will normally hide away for a good few days then come out then about 1 or 2 days after they will shedd, Or it could be digesting a meal that you fed it ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000