The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 male and female...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:04:23
just a few qs in the male it states the tail ending being stumpy and short and the female saying its long and pointed??? im comfused now as the male that i brought from a reptile shop is full grown adult now and he has the long pointed tail?? my female is 2-2half and she has the stumpy short tail? and some people state the female is bigger than the male?? is there anyway i can tell for certain??? many thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 23/12/2009 : 04:46:31
If you are planning on breeding then obviously you need to know the sex, but if you have just bought your snake as a pet is it worth putting it through the stress of probing just to find out if it is male or female?

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 22/12/2009 : 23:21:17
quote:
Originally posted by treo58

just a few qs in the male it states the tail ending being stumpy and short and the female saying its long and pointed

what 'it' states this?

think it is getting it the wrong way round..............and it's a sweeping generalisation........... 100% proof is as per eeji's reply but as hannah and hiper have suggested, getting an experienced person to pop or probe the snake for you is a good guide..........
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:24:23
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

best thing is to get someone with experience to probe them for you

Agree with Hannah , you could take him to a reptile shop or where you bought him from they normally do it for free
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:09:16
best thing is to get someone with experience to probe them for you
eeji Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:07:30
the males generally have longer tails ;)

the ONLY 100% sure fire guarantee of sex is seeing a males hemipenes or seeing a female laying eggs ;)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000