The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 snakes in the same viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 19:45:11
could you put 2 corn snakes in the same viv and they wouldnt fight (viv = 3-4m)? (sorry im really new to getting a snake) im eiger to learnn tho.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 22/12/2009 : 23:27:18
quote:
Originally posted by stevie1990

could you put 2 corn snakes in the same viv and they wouldnt fight (viv = 3-4m)?

where on earth are you getting a 3-4m viv? and i've no idea why you'd get one for corns, even my boa won't need an enclosure that big!!

as for petshops co-habiting, how many do you see co-habiting hatchies? personally, i've only ever seen them individually housed, and this is due to the very real risk of cannibalism!

and as for sub-adults and adults, the risk of cannibalism is much lower in these age groups BUT there's a risk of females getting gravid, bullying, stress and all the associated health risks BUT the shop owner will be selling them on soon so it's not his problem...........

harsh but true.
hillzi Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:28:58
Not to mention stress.. underage pregnancies etc.

hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:26:21
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

all 25 of ours are housed individually in the bedroom :D

cohabitating - don't do it! :D

Agree with eeji , One of them could get stressed and eat the other or something so its very risky
eeji Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:09:01
all 25 of ours are housed individually in the bedroom :D

cohabitating - don't do it! :D
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 20:26:21
aww~~*
Slinx lives in our bedroom :)
xXx
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/12/2009 : 20:22:30
Again, a lot of shops co-habit purely because they can then get a massive amount of stock into a smaller space.
We as owners don't have any excuse for not having them in separate vivs.

I live in a 3 bed flat, and you can see with my list of animals, that I have a fair few pets but do I have 5 different sized snakes in one viv? Nope.

I shall take some piccys shortly of 6 of my vivs, they are stacked in the hallway, as neither of my girls or the missus wants a viv in the bedrooms. Pansys, all 3 of them.
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 20:14:43
I was in the local pet shop yesterday to buy some mice, and the owner had at least 3 different sized corns in the same viv! After reading the recent posts regarding housing corns together I was going to tell him to seperate them, but I didn't think he would appreciate it too much!!
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 19:53:15
have a read of this..
there are mixed opinions on this but personally i wouldnt.. the risk to one of the snakes or both of the snakes being stressed or injured is too great in my opinion

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000