The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed after regurge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nazzle Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:58:13
Time to try feeding today after his regurge. One newborn pinky. Done my spot checks and water change already and made a small feeding box (adapted small cricket box)sized shape so I can put it in without disturbing Shylah at all tonight. Gonna try about 8 tonight (when he seems to be his most active). Hope it works, he must be ravenous. Why do I feel this nervous? Any advice appreciated...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 24/02/2010 : 03:11:52
Nadine, it is such good news that Shylah has had 2 feeds with you. I know what a relief that must be.

I know he took some feeds with the pet shop but it is encouraging that he is doing it with you too. It has got to help that he is home and in an environment settled and stable. I know it is frustrating not handling him, but you know it is for his own good - and you have years of handling ahead of you !

xxx
Nazzle Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:52:53
Too young for the ladies (end of August 09). He's 12g and his tongue looks healthy. He seemed to be in blue about two weeks ago, but hasn't shed yet.
jbarnes92 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:46:57
glad it all worked out for you nazzle, just looking at the dates he went almost 3 months without food? snakes do this? .. is this what they do to impress the other sex or was it just a random occurance? .. anyway im happy that Shylah is feeding again is his tongue still dark / lost sheen and how is his weight?
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:16:08
Great news!
Nazzle Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:13:08
Shylah's feeding! He's still not had a shed, or put on much weight, but (thanks T pets for the help) he's feeding! He had a few feeds in the shop and he's just had his second with me! SOOO hard not handling him, but I aint going to freak him out now :)
Nazzle Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:42:56
Didn't feed again. Left a pinkie under a hide over night, we were out so he had total peace and quiet. Just checked and it was still there. He is losing weight. The only time I've handled him is to weigh him and he has lost 1g over the past week, now weighing 11g. He seems to be quite lathargic, weighing him in the past has been quite a mission, but today he just sat there. He doesn't look as if he's in shed, his eyes are clear, but he appears to be losing his sheen. He hasn't shed since 14/10/09 according to the records I got with him. His tongue appears to be going darker. I've read the care sheet and the non-feeding sticky and think I'm doing everything right. The other snakes feed straight away and their set ups are similar.
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 04:49:02
GP is right Nazzle. She kept me sane when Kellog went through his 13 week fast, dont know what I would have done without this forum's support. Just give it time.

Do you know his weights at all? Has he lost any since his last feed?

Trust GP Nazzle...we all do.

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 20:06:03
after the next attempt if it comes up again i've definitely get it investigated by an exotics vet hun, but just wait and see......

make sure you're not handling him at all, double check your set up and temps against the caresheet on here so you know you're doing everything right, then you can mention that to the vet, that all the set-up is correct, and they can start looking for a possible underlying cause......

if you're stuck for Reptoboost just give me a shout on email.......

Nazzle Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:31:56
Thanks, think it's the regurge throwing me, just concerned that there might be an underlying problem or I'm doing something wrong. He hasn't settled like my others. How long before I should really start worrying?
gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:23:09
so we're not talking about that long in reality hun, just try again in another 5 days time
Nazzle Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:20:36
5th of December
gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 22:28:57
try not to panic or get disheartened hun

when was his last successful feed?
Nazzle Posted - 27/12/2009 : 20:07:23
Didn't eat again
Kellog Posted - 22/12/2009 : 03:50:30
Sorry Nazzle, really hoped he would. Just dont worry (easier said than done, I know) and wait until the next feeding day. Have you checked out this topic - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

xxx
Nazzle Posted - 21/12/2009 : 08:44:44
Not taken. :(
Kellog Posted - 21/12/2009 : 02:29:47
Dont panic Nazzle...if Shyla eats he eats, if he doesnt then give him time and try again on the next feeding day. I know it must be scarey, especially following a regurge, but he can go a while without food before it is time to really worry.

Do you keep a record of his weight? If not it might be a good idea to start, cos then you can see if he is loosing any weight. You could also add some Reptoboost into his water, which will help support him nutrionally if he doesnt eat or if he does and regurges again.

I do hope that next time you look the pinkie has gone.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 23:54:12
fingers crossed he will eat it all up
Nazzle Posted - 20/12/2009 : 22:01:05
re-warmed and brained. He put his mouth round it a few times but kept letting it go again. He's sort of acting the same way as I would if I was really hungry and the only thing some one gave me to eat was a piece of meat. Have covered his faun up, left the pinky in. I've covered his feeding tub with kitchen roll too. Fingers crossed he'll eat it. If not I suppose it will be another 5 days before I try again.
Nazzle Posted - 20/12/2009 : 20:41:09
He's just playing with it. Pulled it round a few times now nothing. Been in there an hour. If he actually move away from it I'll re-warm and brain it. Tempted to give it a wiggle, but I know if I go anywhere near he'll disapear for another few hours. Come on Shylah, be a good boy.
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 16:34:24
Oh and if he dont take his food you could slice a tiny slit on the preys head so its brain parts juice out this should make snakey crave for it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000