The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hatchling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:16:37
Hi , Was woundering how old does a Hatchling have to be before it can be probed for its sex as Whisky is 70% chance its a boy but i want to know 100% , As when i bought Whisky the Reptile shop said it was way to small to probe it or pop it.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 22/12/2009 : 07:36:20
I got Twilight from a breeder when 'he' was around 10 or 11 weeks old and was told he was male. It doesn't matter because I'm not going into breeding but is it unlikely that we can be sure he is male - was 'he' too young to know then? The breeder sounded like she had lots of experience of corns and other snakes....
Kellog Posted - 21/12/2009 : 03:58:07
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Hi , Was woundering how old does a Hatchling have to be before it can be probed for its sex as Whisky is 70% chance its a boy but i want to know 100% , As when i bought Whisky the Reptile shop said it was way to small to probe it or pop it.

Why dont you ring Dave (from reptile shop) and ask him what is best age/weight to probe Whisky? You obviously trust him and his opinion.

Are you planning on breeding Whisky? If not then is it really necessary to put him through the probing process?

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 15:59:07
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

A corn is never to young to be sexed, it just depends on the skill of the person doing it.

Oh right when i bought Whisky he was as think as a shoe lace thats probly why he didnt probe it as it was extreamly tiny but i think he/she is ready to be probed as its alot thicker on the body and its currently eating 1 to 2 fuzzys every 5 - 7 days.
matty18714 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 15:45:56
A corn is never to young to be sexed, it just depends on the skill of the person doing it.
sexychef Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:53:15
it depends on the wieght more than the age but i really cant remember the wieght of mine when they were probed
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:38:37
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

i got told that the younger ones can be popped until they are a few months old as then they are too big and then have to be probed..

Sorry Forgot to state that the reptile shop (David) he wont pop any snakes he says its not the best way to do it and he prefers probeing so what age can they be probed at ?
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:34:25
i got told that the younger ones can be popped until they are a few months old as then they are too big and then have to be probed..
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:28:59
Yep was going to take it back to the Reptile shop to get it sexed but want to know what age is the safest for it as i dont want to travel 8 miles then have to come back if the Rep guy says its still to small
sexychef Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:37:46
mine were about 1year when i got them probed but if you dont need to do dont do it as its not pleasent for the snake. and make sure some one with experience does it for you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000