The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 pairing albino corn snake up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 00:00:18
hi i have a male and female albino corn i was wondering if i could house them togather??? the male is slightley fatter than her and a little bit longer.. they have meet each other and seem to be fine!! any ideas out there!! the female is a little timmid and male is fine...
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 22/12/2009 : 22:59:52
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

You cant co habit on a female and a male they will end up breeding for the rest of there lifes lol just do the Rule 3

not strictly true but my main worries in this instance are............

quote:
Originally posted by treo58

for got to say the male is a full size adult 2 years old ive been told my female is around 2 but not as big

1. there's no way a 2 year old corn is fully grown
2. a 2 year old female is not big or mature enough to breed from healthily (ie. the rule of 3 - 300g, 3ft long, 3 years old as minimum requirements)
3. the difference in size will make competition and bullying more likely which is stressful for the smaller or more timid of the two, likely to be the female in this instance.

to the OP, please take the time to thoroughly read the thread on co-habiting and make an informed decision regarding the facts and risks bearing in mind the sexes and ages of your own snakes.
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:46:51
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

please dont do it.. the stresses it could cause to your already timid snake are definately not worth the risk.. if something did happen would you be ok knowing that it could have been avoided?

Also an very expensive herp vet treatment, they charge about £90 just for a lame check up on emergency hours so imagine how much some thing eles would cost if one of them got injured by the other one god forbid that but you never know.
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:39:37
please dont do it.. the stresses it could cause to your already timid snake are definately not worth the risk.. if something did happen would you be ok knowing that it could have been avoided?
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 14:34:37
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

no no to co-habiting stick to the rule of 3's for when breeding. and females tend to be bigger than males when fully grown.

Agree with Sexychef ^^ You cant co habit on a female and a male they will end up breeding for the rest of there lifes lol just do the Rule 3
sexychef Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:51:07
no no to co-habiting stick to the rule of 3's for when breeding. and females tend to be bigger than males when fully grown.
gmac Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:28:57
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:

for got to say the male is a full size adult 2 years old ive been told my female is around 2 but not as big is that because they are bigger than the female???

Just wait one more year and make sure they both have Rule 3 Which is 3yrs old - 300g - 3ft long <-- these are the minium.

That would be if breeding Hyper, tho still wouldnt house together permanently, this thread looks more like co habiting,
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 13:13:59
quote:

for got to say the male is a full size adult 2 years old ive been told my female is around 2 but not as big is that because they are bigger than the female???

Just wait one more year and make sure they both have Rule 3 Which is 3yrs old - 300g - 3ft long <-- these are the minium.
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/12/2009 : 01:26:04
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Don't do it, far too many cons to list right now, but believe me, its not worth it. Keep em separate and wait till they are at least 3 years old, 3 foot long and weigh 300 grammes before breeding.

/\
THIS
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 00:06:06
Don't do it, far too many cons to list right now, but believe me, its not worth it. Keep em separate and wait till they are at least 3 years old, 3 foot long and weigh 300 grammes before breeding.
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 00:03:17
gmac Posted - 20/12/2009 : 00:03:05
have a look at this thread

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000