The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 tempeture

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/12/2009 : 11:12:11
I am really struggling to sort out the correct tempeture for my corn snake. I have now got a thermostat on the heat mat, so that is getting up to 31 degrees and dropping to 27 degrees.
The main difficulty seems to be stopping the cool end from becoming too cold.
Over night it drops to 16 degrees, getting back up to 19 degrees when we put the central heating on.
I have put the snake's container into a poly box that I cut down to size in the hope of creating more insulation, but this doesent really seem to help.
I am looking for a position in another room, but would ideally like to keep him where he is and sort out this problem.
thanks in advance for any help.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 19/12/2009 : 14:59:00
ye thats y i sed on top of the viv. depends on the viv. if it's a glass one or a fuan put it on top, if it's a wooden one then yes u will need a heat guard but i just thought it was common sence to get one of them for snakes
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/12/2009 : 13:39:25
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

put a regular household bul over the cold end. i had the same problem with my crested gecko. she was at 67 and i wanted to get it up to 70's and it worked. just put a normal bulb on top and that will raise the temps more.

It can raise the ambient temperatures, yes.
However it can also give quite severe burns if left without a guard.
If you want to leave a light bulb running in the viv, then I recommend a guard.
reptiledanny Posted - 19/12/2009 : 12:53:59
put a regular household bul over the cold end. i had the same problem with my crested gecko. she was at 67 and i wanted to get it up to 70's and it worked. just put a normal bulb on top and that will raise the temps more.
Blackecho Posted - 19/12/2009 : 12:28:47
A heat mat only heats the area its in contact with, so the cool end will be the same temp as the room its in.
n/a Posted - 19/12/2009 : 11:49:24
ummm i dont tink i could help you as comparing it to my viv at night the heat mat goes down to 24c and the cold side never goes below 19 c and at the day time it goes up to 28c and the cold side is bout 23c

im using the thermo controller 2 pro
n/a Posted - 19/12/2009 : 11:37:42
I have a Microclimate mini stat 100 controling the heat mat.
It is proving a bit tricky to get it adjusted just right.
n/a Posted - 19/12/2009 : 11:31:24
i let mine go to 28C what is it thats controlling your heat mat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000