The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Splitting a viv in two

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 16/12/2009 : 14:34:39
Whats the best way to split a viv into two so that two snakes can be housed in one viv but not meet each other? The reason I ask is because I was told in a previous post the viv was too big and was goign to buy smaller housing but my mums just put money down on a very nice little dark red corn snake from the same clutch as mouse. So I figured instead of buying two new smaller vivs we could half this viv for the pair. Would that work?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/12/2009 : 03:17:42
What Solid has said is most important...make sure there are not small gaps as anything the snake can flatten its head through its body will follow.

Am assuming you will put heatmat in middle of viv to share between each side, and 2 digital thermometers in each to keep an eye on temp (sure you are doing all this but worth repeating!)

xxx
solid Posted - 16/12/2009 : 19:13:43
if they are small snakes, also make sure there is no gap where divider meets glass
matty18714 Posted - 16/12/2009 : 15:54:32
That would work fine. I would get a peice of chipboard cut to size and fit it in the middle.
a33272 Posted - 16/12/2009 : 15:53:58
just cut a piece of board ideally melamine to fit in the middle but depending on ya viv you mite need to shape the front edge then fix it in with silicone

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000