The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Ignorance was bliss...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/12/2009 : 07:27:43
Damn I just got done reading all the negative aspects of housing two corns together. Just wondering...I just upgraded them from a 10 gal. to a 20 gal. They have two coconut shells one on the cold and one on the warm side. They quite often share the two and they also sit in opposite ones. Does anyone think...just for now, I could get away with putting double the hides, another on the warm and another on the cool side? The tank is really large for the little guys. We're moving in a month at which time we would have room for the 20 gal. 10 gal and the 20 gal. with our pet rats (who by the way are super cool!) Any and all advce would be appreciated. Thanks, Ghost
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/12/2009 : 04:32:34
One of the main problems is that by the time you see stress in your snakes then it is already too late...they are probably stressed already but not showing it yet. It sounds like you really know the right thing to do and the sooner the better.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/12/2009 : 15:49:31
Ghost-

1. The tank is large, the snakes are small = stressful
2. Solitary animals living together = stressful
3. Sharing a hide (competing for the best spot) = stressful

I think you can gather my opinion!
n/a Posted - 15/12/2009 : 14:29:54
nevermind about the faun. I figured out it is the aquarium.
n/a Posted - 15/12/2009 : 14:26:49
They are both around yearlings so they are still fairly small. I haven't noticed any stress when holding them. But I guess that dosen't mean that there isn't any? Another thing...I'm not sure what fauns are.
Blackecho Posted - 15/12/2009 : 13:24:08
How big are they and what sexes?
HannahB Posted - 15/12/2009 : 11:10:35
personally i wouldnt even if it is just for a short time.. they could still get stressed out by it,
like Hawk has said is there no way you could divide the faun into two sections?
n/a Posted - 15/12/2009 : 09:23:02

Put in two hides at each end so as to prevent competition over the space. Look at the viv in general and think how you could add/change to minimise the risk of fights over "good spots" in it.

Another option is to divide it so that each snake has their own area. You can divide lengthwise if that's easier, meaning you won't have to change the cool-warm setup, and you would only have to add a water bowl and perhaps a bit of folliage.

Gaz_1989 Posted - 15/12/2009 : 08:28:00
I think you have answered your own question mate.

You said you have read all of the negative aspects to housing 2 corns together, so i wouldnt risk it.

How big are your corns?

Could you get 2 fauns and share a mat and stat like some people on here do?

Thanks

Gaz

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000