The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 new snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara3502 Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:06:42
Hi I just got my new snake and I knew about the no handling rule 4 the first week but my brothers didnt and started playing with it and now it is just hiding in one hide not moving at all? is something wrong and if it got really scared how do I get it not scared anymore?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 15/12/2009 : 02:28:29
I agree with Darren. Just treat it as though you have just got it and do the no-handling rule. Hopefully that will give it time to de-stress from the early handling and get used to its new surrounding etc. I know it means it is even longer before you can handle it....but waiting a few extra days is worth it for your snake's sake!

xxx
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:16:09
ahh right okay! well maybe it's just nervous then. just leave it be for a while. just change the water then after a week try handling it :)
Sara3502 Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:13:23
No sorry but on my way home on getting it on sunday it started to shed and shedded all the way.
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:11:44
it's probably very nervous then. leave it a while - my snake used to hide away all the time when it was dinky. it could also be due for shed and doesn't want to leave the hides. do you have a pic of the setup? :)
Sara3502 Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:09:33
It is 2 months old.
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 23:07:45
i'd just leave it be for a while. it's probably just nervous. is it a hatchling?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000