The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 new sticky

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:00:31
how about doin a stcky in escapees. i now i would have loved a really long topic with lots of pages on escapee snakes. how about it.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 11/12/2009 : 02:47:43
Afraid I agree with GP here...people panic when they lose their corns (obviously) and immediately post wanting advice, instead of searching for it. Not sure if there is a sticky on escaped corns....think there is only one on making bottle traps. But GP is right, no matter how much info we make generally available people do want their questions answered personally...

Not surprised it drives you made GP, especially when it is the same topic repeated in several threads....

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:59:45
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

...i just thought it would stop you havin to repeat yourselves.

basically whatever topic is made 'sticky' forum regulars will always have to repeat themselves, constantly.

the regular topics are feeding, regurge, shedding, temps, set-up, what to do with a new snake.........it drives me mad repeating myself on a daily basis, usually on several threads regarding the same problem.

if people use the search properly they'll actually find loads of stickies and info on pretty much any chosen subject.........
reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:29:06
i have done some bottle traps but i don't have much floor space near the wall as i have alot of wardrobes and i have checked unedrneath them. i will put one undr my bed.
Blackecho Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:23:19
In the DIY Section: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1759
reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:12:40
no. it was about 2cm and it was in mesh, a bit like mosquito mesh, so wen he put his nose through it it just streched to let him through. i was so annoyed with my self for not fixing it earlier
Gaz_1989 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 11:04:53
How big was the hole? Is this a hole in a wooden vivarium?

reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2009 : 10:53:45
mine had a tiny little whole in the top that had been there for weeks and he had never been near it. i was goin upstiars to checko on him and fix the whole, and he was gone. of course it was wen i was gunaa fix it.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 10:41:15
Not aiming this directly at you Danny,

But how do so many people lose there corns?

I cant imagine allowing mine to escape.

What are the different scenarios that people lose them under?

Thanks

Gaz
reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2009 : 10:14:05
i am folowing every bit of advice you have given me. i just thought it would stop you havin to repeat yourselves.
Kellog Posted - 10/12/2009 : 02:56:03
It certainly is easy enough to find the necessary info on finding as escaped snake using the search topic...but maybe it would help having a sticky on it, cos it would stop us having to constantly repeat ourselves whenever a snake disappears.

Reptiledanny, I know that you have a right to worry, but you need to control it so you are not panicing, that wont help you find Monty. You have been given all the advice and support we can, you just need to keep hoping and keep looking. It is no use us giving you the information without you following it.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 22:56:23
I know he has a right to panic, I've have also lost a snake. However, panicking does nothing but cause more stress and upset, and I'm sure he will find Monty very soon.
hillzi Posted - 09/12/2009 : 22:32:09
He has a right to panic SB. He's lost his pet. I know i'd be not sleeping right if i lost any of my lads...

It's a good idea but theres not much else advice to give on an escapee, hunt high and low, lay habitats and water, food, traps..

just TRY not to panic (hard to say I know!) i'm sure he'll turn up soon!
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:57:50
or buy a back issue of Practical Reptile Keeping, there was a whole article on escaped reptiles.

Besides, everyone has tried to reassure you that you will find Monty, so stop panicking!
gingerpony Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:20:57
how about encouraging people to use the 'search' facility on here....there's plenty of info readily available..........

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000