The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Update on Hisslehoff and Cinnamon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 07/12/2009 : 09:42:12
Both snakes are very happy in their big new viv! They explored everywhere like little children when we first put them in it hehe but then soon settled under a log.

We woke up this morning and they were both in the plants hanging at the back!

Its nice to see them both happy and active, we had them in RUBs for about a week to treat them for mites [:-(] but now theyre both happy healthy snakes
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 09/12/2009 : 17:25:21
Put a sheet of perspex, or put a wall in there so they can't get to each other.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 14:03:26
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I know you are going to deal with that but have you thought about partitioning the viv in 2 to keep them seperate til they can have their own vivs?

xxx

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Id split the viv in to 2 sections and seperate them you dont want them being naughty or eating each other.

Definitely a good idea.
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 14:18:40
Id split the viv in to 2 sections and seperate them you dont want them being naughty or eating each other.
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 12:23:38
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Hate to worry you but would be concerned that you have only taken 1 week to get rid of mites. Did they definitely have mites? Kellog had mites and it took 6 weeks of keeping him on kitchen roll and with just a water bowl and hide, bathing regularly, before we could be sure that not only the mites but their eggs had gone as well.

I do still also worry about them cohabiting at such early ages....I know you are going to deal with that but have you thought about partitioning the viv in 2 to keep them seperate til they can have their own vivs?

xxx

100% agree with both points.

I found mites on my royal over 2 weeks ago, and following Kellog's advice from her own experience bathed him, disinfected the viv, all the decor and kept him in kitchen towel.

Even though he was completely free of mites within 3 days, I am still doing the above things, and I will continue to do so for the next couple of weeks.

As for co-habiting, there are so so many threads on here about the cons of having snakes living together, especially at such a young age. Are they also different sexes?

There are no benefits for the snakes, only the keeper.
Kellog Posted - 08/12/2009 : 03:35:24
Hate to worry you but would be concerned that you have only taken 1 week to get rid of mites. Did they definitely have mites? Kellog had mites and it took 6 weeks of keeping him on kitchen roll and with just a water bowl and hide, bathing regularly, before we could be sure that not only the mites but their eggs had gone as well.

I do still also worry about them cohabiting at such early ages....I know you are going to deal with that but have you thought about partitioning the viv in 2 to keep them seperate til they can have their own vivs?

xxx
hillzi Posted - 07/12/2009 : 20:13:52
They do look a bit on the small side, esp hissle, he looks like hatchie.

the snake wont feel sorry for itself. Its just the snakes natural look.

What size viv is it?
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 07/12/2009 : 13:52:01
For the time being they are. When we've got christmas out the way we are planning on making the viv a double stack when theyve grown a bit
SexyBear77 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 11:41:16
Must be nice having a new viv, but does this mean they are still in together?
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:54:33
Yeah i hated seeing them in their little RUBs they looked real sorry for themselves
lmfastcars Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:25:14
awww tahts really good news, im happy for them :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000