The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Acting strange?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 07/12/2009 : 09:37:14
Last night Missy was half out her hide looking up and she stayed like that for ages. Was fine when I took her out the viv though. I was in the chat at the time and Twi said One of her's does that So I did not worry about it.
Today I got up and Missy just has about 2 inch of her head sticking out he substrate looking sort of into her hide head slightly raised. Again she stayed like this for ages. She is in her hide now.
Im probably being paronoid and she Is fine, But I have never seen her do anything like this before.
The temps are fine nothing else has changed apart from a move of palnts a few weeks ago. Is it normal or could it be down to the change in weather?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 16:54:44
Slinx does that as well- pokes her head out of the hide...and just waits...
xx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 13:19:05
Stella does this oftem, she did it last night.

Just lay in the middle of the faun, about 2 inches of her neck stiff and staring at the top corner of the faun.

Looks quite creepy and like she wants to eat me, haha.

Im sure its nothing to worry about.

Gaz
Twi Posted - 07/12/2009 : 11:28:39
Ginger even, I really can't spell today sorry lol
Maybe they picking up our heat and watching I dunno, shes always done it do i just figured it was normal behaviour.
Twi Posted - 07/12/2009 : 11:27:13
Gomger does it often, she pokes her head out of the hide or aspen where shes hiding and just seems to stare for ages, it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up cause i feel like im being watched. She usually moves if i open the viv though. She never pokes her tongue out during this, she just sort of lies there with her head poking out in the air not moving like shes watching something.
devilsmistress Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:54:43
She has done both things in the cold end! Your right it could just be bahviour changes?
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:46:12

DM, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but are there any new scents in her vicinity? It almost sounds as if she's protecting the bulk of her body while trying to assess some possible danger. I could be totally wrong on that, my only other thought is -- is there a difference in behaviour between a "baby" snake and a "grown up" snake and if so, is Missy displaying that change now? One question, though: when she does that, is she in the warm or the cold end? I'm asking because under the substrate closer to the heatmat the temp would be a bit higher, could she be seeking additional heat?

All this is pure guesswork, I'd be interested to see what the others have to say about it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000