The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 rub for adult corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 21:58:08
hi guys and girls,

okay so me and my girlfriend, angharad, are going to be "rescuing" a corn snake from a guy she lived with at uni who doesn't look after it enough.

basically i wanted to know a decent size rub for an adult corn, though i think the snakes roughly 3ft or so.

would a 50l rub be okay or should i go a bit bigger? any replies would be appreciated :) cheers in advance
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 20:03:12
p.s. are we getting plants/logs etc for him tomorrow?
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:55:06
Dave's a legend

he'll be fine, just needs a good square meal!
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:33:19
hi again and thanks for responses. the stat and temps seem fine now!! very strange, maybe i hadn't let it sort itself out enough who knows. but its sticking around 30 and not really dropping too much either. happy days!! i'll keep an eye on it over the next few hours and if needs be i'll grab a new stat tomorrow :) thanks again! i'll post pics of 'dave' when i can!
HannahB Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:12:42
quote:
Originally posted by theonlydarrenever

hi guys, got back from birmingham with the snake. the guy was using a lamp with the snake in a viv, but now its home i have a heat mat. only thing is i brough the thermostat he used back with me and it's a dimming stat. can this be used with the heatmat? the microclimate website says yes but i'm having trouble keeping a decent temperature :\ it's a proper pain.

should i get hold of an on/off stat tomorrow? if so, what do i do about tonight??? eek!

you could put the heating up slightly so the room isnt so cold for him, as long as you can get a suitable stat tomorrow it should be ok for one night
hillzi Posted - 11/12/2009 : 18:55:21
145ltr is fine for an adult, but they will do well in a 50ltr.

reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2009 : 17:58:18
some guy wen i was doin work expierience came in and had a 3 ft corn in a 1.5 ft cage with no heatin. i was so angry. i felt like takin the corn off of him and sayin u people shouldn't keep reps. but i didnt. he did buy all the rite stuff while he was tehre but i was so angry.
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 17:37:27
hi guys, got back from birmingham with the snake. the guy was using a lamp with the snake in a viv, but now its home i have a heat mat. only thing is i brough the thermostat he used back with me and it's a dimming stat. can this be used with the heatmat? the microclimate website says yes but i'm having trouble keeping a decent temperature :\ it's a proper pain.

should i get hold of an on/off stat tomorrow? if so, what do i do about tonight??? eek!
Kellog Posted - 07/12/2009 : 03:18:30
No advise on feeding boxes, but just wanted to say well done for rescuing that snake. HannahB is right that people are going into snake keeping without the right research and have no idea what they are doing. So sad....especially when you imagine how many snakes are out there like the one you are going to have but dont have a saviour like you....

xxx
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 00:19:34

Take a look here:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/boxdetails.php

Remember to calculate according to internal rather than external dimenstions.

n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 23:08:58
rockin, maybe i'll get a 50l then lol. enough room for them, height wise etc?

even if it was a bit small i think it'd be better than the viv he's in at the mo. i don't think he's been cleaned out for months. no idea when he last had a water change!

too many plonkers around!!

thanks for the info guys :) i'll keep you updated on the snake
eeji Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:39:11
all my adults are in 50L rubs ;)
HannahB Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:14:34
sadly is a growing trend.. people get snakes when they are small and cute and then for a few people the interest disappears and then the animal suffers you get it a lot with the big reps as people dont realise just how big they will grow cause they dont do their research
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:10:31
:) cheers! i have seen some 64l's online too which is the same as the 50 but with a little more height. might go for one of those for now. i'm sure it'll be fine as a temp. solution.

i don't know why people buy animals if they can't look after them. siiiiiigh!
HannahB Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:04:43
50L RUB should be fine but I think some others such as eeji would be able to help you more as they use RUBs for their adults

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000