The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 help. i need help urgently, lost snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 05/12/2009 : 20:21:07
iv lost ma snake. hes escaped. he managed to get owt his cage from a tiny gap. help
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 16/12/2009 : 19:02:52
someone i was talking to at work had their snake disappear for over 6months and then they saw him in the corner and he let himself be picked up and put in his viv as if nothing had happened..
dont give up hope
reptiledanny Posted - 16/12/2009 : 18:56:15
nofin thats just wen i give up hope cuz it's 3 months.
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/12/2009 : 10:49:58
What happens next feb?
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/12/2009 : 20:25:44
Danny, dont worry about how long he goes without food, corns can happily go months without eating. Hope this puts your mind at ease!
reptiledanny Posted - 15/12/2009 : 20:25:44
still no sign. have tried everything and no luck. thanks. i don't know if i will ever find him. i am not keeping my hopes up incase but will never give up hope until the end of next februaury.
HannahB Posted - 15/12/2009 : 19:27:40
any luck danny?
have you put a bottle trap in your cupboard with the hole in? if hes in there then it might tempt him out?
still got my fingers crossed for you
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2009 : 20:53:51
no not yet. i can't tear the house apart cuz it's not mine. parents won't let me. they say that anything that is fixed to the wall or is glued together can't be ruined. i have a big cumboard in my room fixed to wall and there is a whole in that but i can't get through it. . i hate living with parents.
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 20:41:00
hi did u find your snake? if not heres a little bit of hope for you i lost my cornsnake he was missing for about a week. But lucky enough after ripping my the house apart i found him the other day he was curled up in one of my husbands shoes. he was fine, hungery and a little cold but fine. he is now save and sound back in his viv. luck with your hunt if u haven't found him/herjavascript:insertsmilie('')
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:32:20
two weeks now he been without food. i don't know wat to do about holes. there are a few wholes that run where pipes are, i don't know wether to plug them up with tissue paper or leave them open incase he is in them but if not then he might go in them. wat shoud i do. wat do you recamend.
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:19:46
Good luck. Hope he turns up soon for you Danny, he'll probably be hungry now so hopefully he'll venture out.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:04:43
still no sign. i now this can take weeks. i am putting some more food out for him tonight or 2morow in a bottle trap. hopefully that might catch him.
Kellog Posted - 10/12/2009 : 02:49:43
Have you tried sitting up through the night, in the dark, in the room you think he is in? If you sit quietly, with scrunched up newspaper or wrapping paper around the edge of the room, you might hear him moving around. It is most likely that he will hide during the day and only venture out at night. He will also keep to the edges of the room to stay safe. I have known owners sit up for a number of nights in a row in the hope of finding their escaped snake.

xxx
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/12/2009 : 23:07:11
aslong as your are with your dog at all times let him smell the viv then let him sniff round the house.
reptiledanny Posted - 09/12/2009 : 19:32:26
thanks. i just won't to really find hium before crimbo
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 19:22:17
Make sure your dog doesnt scare Monty into hiding even more.

I have lost casper twice- once for 3 weeks and I found him in my pillow case, and the other time I found him in a shoebox on a shelf 6 feet off the floor. You will find him, dont worry.
reptiledanny Posted - 09/12/2009 : 17:30:17
i have a ****er spaniel. good sniffer dogs. i will try that. he is only a puppy so i think he will get sidetracked. where abouts would i find them. i have looked everywere. will they turn up in the middle of the floor i will i have to continuasly look, not that i don't want to. really want him back but can't find him.
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/12/2009 : 00:43:25
he will turn up he wont have gone far trust me ive lost 2 hatchlings and one at 3ft all found safe and well i know its a worry but corns a profesionals at escaping its what they are good at it could be amoung paper or cureled up in a wee corner actually it was my large dog that found one hatchling wrapped around a plug socket. its unlikley your dog would harm the snake why not take it about each room in the house let it smell the viv have your dad with you. what kind of dog do you have? the other snake was found in paper work then in a file box of papers. Good luck n keep us posted.
reptiledanny Posted - 08/12/2009 : 20:48:06
so theres a high chance i will get him back. everyone says that a young corn can't go long without water. i don't know where he is so can't put water all round the house because of pooch. will he survive.
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 20:26:18
I have lost a hatchling for almost 7 weeks ...So they do normally turn up
reptiledanny Posted - 08/12/2009 : 19:45:14
wat is the percentage rate that i will find him or get him back.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000