The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 04/12/2009 : 17:05:46
i have been looking at alot the post on here of people asking about feeding there corns. i have had mine a year now and i have been feeding every 7 days and not warm. i mean like striaght from being defrosted for about 2 hours. i am doing it right. he is fuzzies. every 7 days on a room temp fuzzy. rite or wrong
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 07/12/2009 : 03:39:48
quote:
Originally posted by seangauld

One of my snakes havent eaten for 7-8 weeks and as the result of that has died.
1) How do I dispose of the body
2) what is wrong with the other one?
The other one (Still alive) hasn't eaten for 3 weeks.
Can any one please tell me what to do?
I do not want another dead snake on my hands?
Thanks.

I am so sorry about your snake Sean, it must have been an awful experience. To be able to help then a lot more info is needed, about the snake who died as well as the one you still have. Age, total viv set up especially temps, were they co-habiting, handling history, health issues, feeding history, what you tried to get them to feed.....anything else that you think might be relevant.

Once again, I am so sorry and I do hope the forum can help stop this from happening again.

xxx
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 16:48:17
One of my snakes havent eaten for 7-8 weeks and as the result of that has died.
1) How do I dispose of the body
2) what is wrong with the other one?
The other one (Still alive) hasn't eaten for 3 weeks.
Can any one please tell me what to do?
I do not want another dead snake on my hands?
Thanks.
gingerpony Posted - 04/12/2009 : 19:57:07
as long as they're defrosted it's fine, heating them up just makes them more palatable and helps the snake find them

all mine were on small mice at a year old though, 2 fuzzies isn't much..........
eeji Posted - 04/12/2009 : 18:01:46
if he's eating the mice how you give them, then you're doing it right ;)

....agreed with Hannah though, he could do with something bigger than a fuzzy at a year old ;)
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 17:34:12
yeh i heat mine up with a hairdryer before i feed em. But my fella doesnt bother. Shouldnt really matter if hes eatin xx
HannahB Posted - 04/12/2009 : 17:25:41
really at that age he should be on something slightly bigger than fuzzies..two of my little uns are on fuzzies and they are just over 4months and 5months,

in theory there is no set right or wrong way how to feed them apart from the food being defrosted and being careful not to have any substrate ingested..

i heat my pinkies and mice up cause i go on the theory that if its warm then hopefully they will still think it is alive and show some natural instincts and either strike or constrict it
Gaz_1989 Posted - 04/12/2009 : 17:11:34
I have been advised to feed warm. But i dont think there is a RIGHT and WRONG, if hes eating them.

How old is he? And how heavy? Im not an expert but shouldnt he be on more than 1 fuzzy every 7 days at his age?

Gaz

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000