The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Ethically reared mice.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/12/2009 : 18:13:51
Hiya,
I am hoping to purchase my first Cornsnake.
As an animal lover I want to feed it frozen mice that have been humanely and ethically raised.
Do any companys provide this service?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 12:08:53
Thanks for those replies everyone.
BlueTongueDan Posted - 05/12/2009 : 10:24:18
I would try Livefoodsbypost.
Ive seen their rodent colonies and they're kept in excellent condition! Very well looked after! Their Rodent room has even been DEFRA approved!
hillzi Posted - 04/12/2009 : 23:29:06
quote:
Originally posted by bigpig

Do any companys provide this service?

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I think you missed the jist of the question Tom.

Depending on the price, they maybe trying to rip you off or they maybe charging a fair price, the shop will add up individual mouses food costs etc, they gotta make a profit.

The mice are bred purely to be culled and frozen for snake food. Theyr'e just not unsold pets
If your'e locals reputable, the mice will be of high content diet and nutrient wise.
eeji Posted - 04/12/2009 : 18:04:50
every time i see this thread, i read 'Ethnically reared mice'!
gingerpony Posted - 04/12/2009 : 12:36:20
its definitely a viable option if you have more than one snake, or can freeze a 'batch' at the required size/stage of growth, providing you can get your head round it...........

other than, that like matty said, contact your supplier, or your supplier's supplier!
Kellog Posted - 04/12/2009 : 04:43:49
If you consider what SexyBear has suggested then it needs a lot of research into it. This is just one topic on it, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5492&SearchTerms=breeding,mice.

There are others as well. Click on the search button and put in breeding mice.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 03/12/2009 : 19:54:23
If you want to be really sure of getting the most kindly treated mice then you could always raise some yourself. I know the idea may not seem appealing, but at least that way you can treat them to a fantastic life and humane ending.
n/a Posted - 03/12/2009 : 19:10:00
I believe this is the TSM that BE was referring to. http://www.tsmreptiles.com/frozenfood.html
Blackecho Posted - 03/12/2009 : 18:41:22
I know TSM are good quality as they only cull them when you order them, you could give them a ring and ask, they're quite friendly.
matty18714 Posted - 03/12/2009 : 18:32:54
I think you missed the jist of the question Tom.

Bigpig, I can't honestly say how the rodents are treated before being killed. If it is something important to you I would contact the frozen food suppliers of your local reptile shop.
hillzi Posted - 03/12/2009 : 18:21:26
Yup. try local pet and gardening shops!

I wouldn't order online, though many do, heard some things that mice come defrosted etc.

I can't say whether its good or not, never tried it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000