The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 is this normal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 13:12:12
iv had santos for a month and a half and he's grown loads and moved up from single pinkies to fuzzies in that time. but the whole time iv had him, he's only ever left me teeny tiny "presents". this wouldnt worry me as he definately is pooing but i fed him 1 fuzzie 3days ago and had a hold last nite and he was really swollen around his vent like he needs to go. i put him back in the viv and he immediatley left me another teeny pressie but this morning hes still very swollen. temps are right and i feed him out of the viv and the fuzzies deffo arent too big as there is barely a lump after he eats. iv tried a bath but still nothing. do u think this is anything to worry about? xx
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 22:29:53

You verify water temp with thermometer. 27c. Put snake in water, just take care he doesn't drown. I bathed a hatchling in a small plastic tub but have seen it done right in the bath with a 5 footer who wasn't very keen on the idea and still, it got done in the end.

I think someone here once posted a snake bath on YouTube but not sure where to find the link.

n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 22:22:42
how do u bath a corn?
a33272 Posted - 28/11/2009 : 17:46:04
i bathed my python 5 times before he really emptyed himself out
n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 16:38:14
he's fine otherwise! i know they get a lump but this is just bigger than iv seen on any of our others. we just movedhiminto a new viv and obviously left him to settle in before feeding but he seems at home in there. seein as he's only been in there a week and a half,i dont think he needs cleaning out just yet. he's fine to handle and doesnt seem agitate. the only difference iv noticed is that after i fed him, he seemed alot more active. he was cruisin around for a good couple of hours afterwards. how often should i be bathing him? xx
a33272 Posted - 28/11/2009 : 16:06:15
keep bathing him my python was abit swollen at the back a viv clean out helped abit but he still only passed a small amount then a few baths later let just say he must of felt a lot better after letting this lot out
n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 14:41:42

There was some talk about this type of problem here:

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5758&SearchTerms=poo

If he's swollen he may need some help, possibly another bath, more handling. How is he otherwise?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000