The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Aspen Substrate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 21:59:05
When I bought Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell on Saturday I was given orchid bark (which I don't like that much) so Ive bought some "Pro-Rep Aspen Bedding" which I shall be putting after she has (hopefully!!) had her first feed (and had 48 hrs rest). I've read from the Substrate Sticky that Orchid Bark needs cooking in the oven to reduce its moisture but I was wondering do you need to do the same to Aspen?

Thank-You!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 28/11/2009 : 10:58:04
Aspen can be baked at 100*C not sure for how long though, to kill any nasties that may have got in there.

n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 10:15:00
Nazzle- Thats an Amazing idea!!
I shall do that today!!
Thank-You!!
xxxxx
Nazzle Posted - 28/11/2009 : 10:05:23
I put a little square of fabric down my bra for a day. Small enough to go under his cork bark hide where he curls up and goes to sleep on it. Shylah is still terrified of me though!
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:42:02
its ok. hope it likes ur socks and the new viv.
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:40:49
I have bad knees- so always wear long socks- over my knees- I've got an old pair that I can hack up- will put higher leg park in- and lob yukky feet part in the bin! :)
Thank-You Again!!
xx
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:26:17
i would do a tee-shirt or a neck scarf. because u want it to get use to ur scent then a sock would not really a true smell of ur skin. it would smell of feet, lol. but i have seen ppl say that. up to and i wish ur snake luck in its new home.
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:12:26
Lovely!
And I may even give her a sock (or part of one) as was suggested on another thread also!
Thank-you!
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:05:53
no u dont with aspen, but if u r doing a big clean out she may get strssed so i would leave a little bit of her old bedding just so she knows the smells and does not get stressed. but once u have done the change leave her for a couple of days at least to settle.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000