The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Ceramic bulbs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 17:20:25
hello! I am just investing in a new viv for sammie and kitting it all out. I was thinking of buying a ceramic heater so it can keep up the temp overnight as well without disturbing her sleep. Anyway i was looking on triple 8 and found lots of different wattages. 40, 60, 100, 150, +. Was wondering what would be most suitable for a 3 x 2 x 2 viv? I'm grateful for any advice you can give.

Michelle and Sammie
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 19:35:55
i'd personally avoid a ceramic for corns and make sure the heatmat is covering one third to one half of the floor surface
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 17:33:10
Mainly because my house gets so cold at night. The heat mat can provide the right temp at the hot end but the cold side of the viv is well below recommended heat. So i would have to have two heat mats on separate thermostats to keep both ends right :(
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 17:28:46
Why would you need a cermaic heater to keep the heat up? Mats are best for corns, just leave em statted at the right temp.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000