The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Frozen Mice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajacklin Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:23:35
Hi,
I'm thinking of ordering some mice online to save keep driving over town to buy a few at a time! Jaffa is currently on ex-large mice, I've found a site that sells ex breeders.....are these the same as XL? I would assume so looking at the price and the fact that they are listed after the large ones but wanted to be sure before I end up with a freezer full of the wrong ones!
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 14:52:35
oooh! not noticed that Tiz, i get mine from TSM and they're all spot-on, definite ex-breeders
these other one's i've seen, that a friend bought from one of his local shops, i've only seen defrosted ready to be fed...and they're just fat, like a small furry tennis ball, no signs of ever breeding in the past either...
Tizzy Posted - 26/11/2009 : 21:47:34
Would that explain why my large mice seam to drasticly shrink once defrosted??
gingerpony Posted - 26/11/2009 : 20:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by ajacklin

Protein & water! I didn't know they did that!

TBH neither did i till i saw a couple of these fat little b*ggers lol

i'm not 100% sure that that's what they've done but i'm 99%
i regularly buy ex-breeders from a reputable online source and the difference is quite drastic!
ajacklin Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:55:16
Protein & water! I didn't know they did that!
I've found another shop about 20 miles away so I think I'm going to go there and get about 20, that should keep me going for a while and as they're 10 for £9 it's not much more expensive than buying online once you've added the postage on.
Thanks again!
gingerpony Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:33:23
different places grade their mice differently

for example one vendor might call a 25-35g mouse a 'large' and another vendor might call 30-40g a 'large' mouse. it's worth weighing what you have so you know what you're used to and checking with the online supplier how heavy THEIR large or XL or ex-breeder is

and yes an XL and ex-breeder should be the same, although some XL mice i've seen recently (NOT in my TSM order or local rep shops in might add!!) definitely haven't been used for breeding and i think the've just been pumped full of protein and water to make them fat enough to fit in the weight range.....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000