The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alex09 Posted - 19/11/2009 : 09:47:09
hello have not been on in a few weeks but just to let you all no that my snake is fine eating well and drinking :) but its coming up to 9 weeks now and she has not had a shed yet is this normal?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jennet Posted - 20/11/2009 : 17:01:28
Shedding can vary a fair amount at times, even with snakes that shed fairly consistently and it's not something you should worry overly about unless there are other signs of stress etc. If she's still eating, drinking and pooping and otherwise acting as normal, she will probably shed when she is good and ready.... I sometimes think we worry a lot over things that will happen as nature intended... I know I used to worry about a whole lot of stuff when I first had my snakes, but am now a lot more philasophical about letting them get on with it without any great intervention from me, as most of them surely will - and they definately work to their own time schedules If you get overly concerned, try putting in a damp hide... this may encourage shedding to start, but keep an eye out to ensure the viv does not get too humid (steaming up etc) as this can cause respiritory problems.
alex09 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 13:15:31
she 9 months old i feed her 1 small mouse a week on a tuesday
HannahB Posted - 19/11/2009 : 11:21:43
the rate of shedding depends on how often the are fed and how old they are,
when they are younger and get fed more often the shed cycle is shorter as they are growing quickly, but when the feeding pattern grows longer they slow down their growth rate and therefore dont shed as much

whats your feeding pattern at the minute with her?
casper Posted - 19/11/2009 : 10:38:46
It all depends on the age of the snake. How old is she?
As your snake gets older the rate or growth slows down and therefor they will shed less frequently.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000