The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 getting my corn out and about

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/11/2009 : 23:57:10
hay every one

rite i handle molly every day unless she has fed or is about to shed

but im wondering can i put her on the carpets on the floor and let her have a wonder around (keeping close tabs on her) im a little worried about mites and things that may be in out carpet (yes we hoover and stuff )

wat does every one else do and any advise will be great
pete
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/11/2009 : 14:40:57
top tips every one thanks
lmfastcars Posted - 20/11/2009 : 13:21:28
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I let Casper out quite often (hes 5 1/2 feet so easy to keep track of.) I just make sure that all the doors are shut. He always ends up the same place too, so I know where to look for him. Mushu goes out too but not for so long. Bear in mind though that they may just leave a little present on your nice carpets or wood floors

Haha Ive been there my friend lol
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2009 : 04:52:11
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Bear in mind though that they may just leave a little present on your nice carpets or wood floors

You just have to learn to look for the signs and catch quick with kitchen roll!

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/11/2009 : 13:42:56
I let Casper out quite often (hes 5 1/2 feet so easy to keep track of.) I just make sure that all the doors are shut. He always ends up the same place too, so I know where to look for him. Mushu goes out too but not for so long. Bear in mind though that they may just leave a little present on your nice carpets or wood floors
HannahB Posted - 19/11/2009 : 06:08:56
if shes still little I'd be really careful, I let mont loose on the bed and sometimes libs as shes bigger than edison but I wouldnt let mine on the floor yet as they can move super fast still at that size
Kellog Posted - 19/11/2009 : 03:22:51
I have a dog and let Kellog wander all over the lounge. Dog is usually shut out but ocassionally in the room as she doesnt seem bothered by the snake and vice versa....unless the dog moves too quickly and scares Kellog.

I will warn you about how fast they move...however fast you think they move times it by 100%!! maybe try letting Molly loose on your bed to begin with so you get used to her movements away from you. Checkout whichever room you are going to let her out in....remember any hole she can get her head through her body can follow. Furniture is a concern in case she gets under it and then into the material through a hole... Also be aware of any heavy furniture she can get behind, any dark spaces cos that is where she will head. (Not meaning to scare you, but best to be warned!)

Also I always keep one hand on Kellog when I have him out....just to remind him that I have him (although I doubt his brain functions to that level!!)...but it does mean I can stop him if I think he is moving in the wrong direction. I have been told that you should never pull a snake out of a hole it has gone into, just stop it moving forward and wait for it to realise it isnt going any further. I am interested to know what other owners think.

Look forward to you being able to give Molly some exercise on the floor and will want a report afterwards!

xxx

Kehhlyr Posted - 19/11/2009 : 01:47:34
quote:
Originally posted by pete

oh yes thats for sure any time the viv door is open the cat and dog are kicked out and the door shut for that reason

Keep the viv door open ALL the time.

*cough* not that i'm a disliker of furries or anything
n/a Posted - 19/11/2009 : 00:28:39
oh yes thats for sure any time the viv door is open the cat and dog are kicked out and the door shut for that reason
gmac Posted - 19/11/2009 : 00:17:09
would suggest if you do let snakey on the carpet you keep the cat in a diff room just incase you get sidetracked, that way no nasty surprises
n/a Posted - 19/11/2009 : 00:13:31
that was fast i thought i was the only person that is up all night

so its not a problem then for molly to be around i doubt i would let her out of my sight just yes as she is still little at 2ft 5 inches and we have a cat that likes bright wiggley stuff ( i hate cats) and my old dog who is scared of molly
gmac Posted - 19/11/2009 : 00:01:01
I let my bigger one out to play on the floor, usually when its faun cleaning time.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000