The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How big is you viv?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 13:24:49
I am just trying to get an idea of how big i will need a vivarium for my corn when he is out of the Faun?

Im told the faun should be good till hes 10-12 months approx.

Could he then go into a 3 foot vivarium? Or do they need stepping up gradually?

Would a 3 foot vivarium be okay for an adult? Or do they need bigger still?

Thanks

Gaz
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 19/11/2009 : 08:53:39
Thanks again for replys.

I did think about getting a 3 foot viv, and partitioning it off for 12 months or so.

But then i thought, if i got a 2 foot viv, then in 12 months or so i could put Apollo into one of three 3 foot vis (going to build a 3 tier stack) and then get a new hatchling :-D

Then the hatchling can have apollos old 2 foot, and then move up into one of the 3 footers in the stack later on.

Someone said it was addictive, theyre right! Lol.

Gaz
devilsmistress Posted - 18/11/2009 : 22:08:41
Missy Is going to go Into a 4 foot viv, so Will Karma! The unit I am converting works out the same space as 4 foot one!! Missy id growing so fast thogh That I might end up having to get her an Inbetween viv!!!
Jennet Posted - 18/11/2009 : 20:25:56
What she said!!! makes more sense than having to buy more new vivs.... the other way of looking at it though, is when they grow out of one, you can always get another snakie...
hillzi Posted - 18/11/2009 : 18:48:35
Money saving tip;

When your snakes about a year old, transfer him from faun to 3ft viv. Yet, partition it off, so he gets 2ft x 2ft instead of 3fx2ft then take the partition out when he's big enough!

Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 16:54:14
Okey doke cheers folks, will sort something out.
kizzig Posted - 18/11/2009 : 16:35:12
We haven't weighted the top of our fauns yet, but think we'll have to soon as they've both figured out how to get up on the lid now... We'll probably use some books to keep the lids on.
Bilbo Posted - 18/11/2009 : 16:05:37
i think some use books but i have a glass paper weight on rogers cant see him pushing that up. lol
Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 15:44:24
While im on the topic of housing...

The faunarium im getting is like the exo-tera i think its called? About 14" x 8" something like that? Not 100%.

It has got a push on lid like the little fish tanks. Would this not be easy to push off when the snake gets a bit bigger? Do people use anything to secure lids on faunariums?

Ta

Gaz

Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 15:35:24
Thanks for the replys.

The mother to the babies that i was looking at, at the reptile centre was in a 3 foot viv, she was at least 4.5 feet long, and was in with a male who was about 5 foot long.

They both seemed really happy and didnt seem cramped at all.

I cant wait to upgrade :-D

Thanks

Gaz
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 15:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Cool, so the general idea would be move from the Faunarium to a 2 foot Vivarium at approx 2' Long. Then Into a 3' Vivarium at Approx 3' Long?

If the corn reached 4 or 5 foot, would a 3 foot vivarium still be big enough?

Ta

Gaz

Casper is 5 and a half feet long, and he is in the 4 foot viv, has been for years. I wouldnt want to downsize him as the general rule is that 1 long and 1 short side of the viv should equal the length of the snake.

However I have previously been assured that a 3 foot viv is fine for any adult corn. x
Bilbo Posted - 18/11/2009 : 14:31:02
i have bilbo in a 3ft viv now he is 6 mouths old and he seems very happy in there but it is very well packed out i have 7 hides in there and loads of plants too with other bits and bobs. he has never missed a feed and sheds well. lizzie is in a 2 ft viv at the min but i plan on moving her up as soon as i have built my stack. i will be putting roger in lizzies 2 ft viv for a bit then move him into the stack as well. the stack i am planing to build will have 3 3ft vivs....

hope this is some help.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 13:31:54
Cool, so the general idea would be move from the Faunarium to a 2 foot Vivarium at approx 2' Long. Then Into a 3' Vivarium at Approx 3' Long?

If the corn reached 4 or 5 foot, would a 3 foot vivarium still be big enough?

Ta

Gaz
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/11/2009 : 13:28:59
I have 2 adults, 1 in a 3 footer and 1 in a 4 footer. 3 foot is big enough for any adult though.

I would suggest you move your snake either into a bigger faun or a baby viv before going into 3 feet, and too much space can cause your snake to become stressed, unless very well packed with hides, plants, decor etc.

I have a 2 foot viv that I used for Mushu until she was about 3 feet long.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000