The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hatchling corn snake advise please....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:12:27
For the past months or so i am having to force feed one of my hatchling corns on pinkies 1 every 7days. Just lately have realised a change in her behaviour, normally when i open the tub lid she be stricking at me biting anything in site, however today she seems like she not the energy to move, last fed her 4days ago, Not sure what to do, Could anyone give some advice?

Have already tried these methods before force feeding:

braining
scenting with various of things such as tuna, chicken broth, toad scent, anole scent
placing in small cup with pinkie
choping pinkie head off
putting her in a dark place over night with all the above scenting methods.

Was gonna try live pinkies but cant get hold of any.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:47:45
im based in hertfordshire, dont think pinkies would be an issue as my others are doing fine. il give the reptoboost ago though :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:42:32
is she is shed?
HannahB Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:33:11
best thing to get her is some reptoboost for the time being, put it in her water and if neccessary give her a bath in it aswell - it helped my non feeder when she started to decline

where abouts are you based? someone might be able to recommend another shop to go to - my shop will look at any reptile whether it was bought there or not so it surprises me that your's won't

was the pinkie you fed her any different to ones fed in the past? and is she pooping ok?
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:30:01
no not really pet shops here will only look at snakes purchased from there, as she is CB from me they wont help. temps are low to mid 80s at hot end, cool end mid to high 70s. she kept in a tub as i do with all my hatchlings.
HannahB Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:25:20
is there a rep shop you can take her to just for a quick check before spending money to go to a vets?
whats her temps like in the viv?
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:20:46
maybe i dunno, she looks like has no energy to move, even when i picked her up she barely moving.
hillzi Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:16:00
Well i dont think its the fact of her not eating? She ate 4 days ago, she maybe becoming tamer towards you?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000