The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heat Lamps & Shy Snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/11/2009 : 14:15:00
Quick poser for you guys,

Chuie seems settled and is eating, as per last thread; so im not worried that he is upset or stressed, but i have never seen him leave his cold hide.

This is not to say it doesn't happen at night, but i have never seen him do it. Under these circumstances, based on the fact he hardly ever goes over to he warm side, would i be better off with a heat lamp and guard, instead of a heat mat?

This would warm the general air temperature for him, would this be better?

P.s. both thermometers are reading fine, 29c hot & 20c cold.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 04/11/2009 : 19:11:53
try lowering the warm side to 27, he may prefer it a little cooler. all my corns are at this temperature with no problems
hiper2009 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 18:12:31
quote:
Originally posted by SnakesRGreat

Apologies again for another stoopid question, probably going to take me more time to settle in than little Chuie.

Thanks guys n gals.

Its not a stupid question every one is learning and thats what we are here for to help each other out
n/a Posted - 04/11/2009 : 16:24:21
Apologies again for another stoopid question, probably going to take me more time to settle in than little Chuie.

Thanks guys n gals.

SexyBear77 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 15:14:58
Heat mats are better for corns as they prefer belly heat, as long as everything is reading ok and the set up is fine I wouldnt worry.
hiper2009 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 14:28:51
Id stick with the heatmatt if he wants to go to the warm side he will know when to move, maybe he is in shedd mode or he is just slightly lazy haha, My Romeo has been in the cool end for the past 4days and not even moved i checked his eyes and hes in shedd mode.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000