The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 RUB Holes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillzi Posted - 01/11/2009 : 13:40:13
Is there any specific way of putting holes into rubs, or should I just be let lose with a skewer?* I read about on here somewhere that holes have to be alligned up in a special way to allow convectional air flow??

I was going to have a line level with the substrate of holes. gaps inbetween the holes :) and some near his warm hide, some around the cool hide and some on the lid in lines, for the middle of the tank.

Any thoughts on this?
Look foward to when I get my RUB - have idea for a good set up, as my corn loves to climb.

*(WITHOUT SNAKEY INSIDE RUB, OFC!!)

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 02/11/2009 : 16:00:21
Thanks guys, but my minds numb from doing that English essay,

could someone post a pic of their rub set-up so I get an idea?

Cheers.
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/11/2009 : 15:22:15
I used a soldering iron, but my RUB is only for feeding so didnt put in many holes.
n/a Posted - 01/11/2009 : 18:13:57
Yes around 40 in each side or along the lengths: 40 at hot end higher up, 40 lower down at cool end and repeat along the other length.
eeji Posted - 01/11/2009 : 18:05:50
i use a soldering iron and put a hole in each of the moulded in bumps - 40 in each side, 160 per box.
hillzi Posted - 01/11/2009 : 17:38:30
Would you say a special way for them to be elined or just randomly stab them in?
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/11/2009 : 14:31:23
I just used dremel, with a 2, then a 4mm bit.
Done the job lovely.
n/a Posted - 01/11/2009 : 14:18:44
No worries. Or use your gas hob flame (if you have gas, mine electric). Wear oven gloves if the skewer not got a wooden handle!
hillzi Posted - 01/11/2009 : 14:14:22
Cool thanks for that.

Will be using a sweker, heat it up with a lighter, i'm not sticking it in the oven :D

n/a Posted - 01/11/2009 : 13:47:51
All i would say is put the holes on hot end near the top and down the cool end lower down. Apart from that its more a case of having enough of them.

To make them you can use a heated up skewer or I just used a 3 or 4 mm drill bit and used a hand drill.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000