The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 how to go about breeding mice for my snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 10:26:40
is there any laws against this in the uk?

all info greatly welcomed
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 31/10/2009 : 10:30:17
Lol. I saw a thread on the dark side about a co2 chamber, did look very complex. >.< Brain got fried trying to work out the pressure scale, etc.

n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 10:13:23
yeah think i will stick to buying them
hillzi Posted - 30/10/2009 : 22:19:01
Ah, so you can make your own c02 chamber, which is the most humane and wont make a mess of your mice,

a C02 chamber is, if i got this right, basically a sealed tub with c02 pumped in there, a little bit first to know the mice out, then when they're asleep turn it up to sufocate them. May be a bit too much detail for some members.

Twi Posted - 30/10/2009 : 21:51:57
College i used to go to bred rats for their python. They had someomne who bred and killed them for the snake.
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 13:49:19
well i feed frozen now and probally would continue to feed dead as its what its used to
hillzi Posted - 30/10/2009 : 12:15:29
Well, as long as you do it within the comfort of your own home and do not broadcast it publicly, it is OK.

Will you be feeded live, or killing them then feeding?

Live feeding is.. shall we say frowned upon.. as its not worth the risks, as its a last resort for non feeders. There are mixed opinions on live feeding, its stress on both animal, the prey item could defend its self and slash, or kill, the snake.

n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 12:02:48
yeah just the one

been reading some articles about it it does seem quite alot of hassle and money for one snake
BlueTongueDan Posted - 30/10/2009 : 11:52:04
As far as I know, theres no laws that prevent you from breeding/culling mice for your snake.
You'd only have to be careful if you was planning on live feeding.

Is it just the one snake you have? Only it seems like a lot of hassle breeding mice to feed just one snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000