The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 my snake is not pooing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alex09 Posted - 28/10/2009 : 16:28:04
hi, my snake has not had a poo for 2 weeks now and i am starting to worry if she is ok.
any help will be most great full
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/11/2009 : 03:53:40
Am so pleased to hear that Hannah has pooed. It may sound so silly to others how excited we get about things like bowel movements, but it is important to the health of our snake. Glad you did the bath and as bengy has said, you have now learnt something new to add to your growing knowledge of corns and can be of help to someone else - we are all here for each other! xxx
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 22:48:18
nice one. glad to hear. Thats what we're here for. Now u can help someone else if they have same prob!
zandefloss Posted - 31/10/2009 : 21:52:24
quote:
Originally posted by alex09

the went well she had a good swim about and put her back in to the viv and about half-hour later a big smelly poo
thanks for the help

awesome! well done!
alex09 Posted - 31/10/2009 : 16:42:45
the went well she had a good swim about and put her back in to the viv and about half-hour later a big smelly poo
thanks for the help
alex09 Posted - 31/10/2009 : 13:06:11
i have not give it a bath yet i will be doing it today when my bro gets out of bed lol (he wants to watch) i will let you no as soon as i have done it.
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 23:56:55
Thats fine. Its definately normal to have some digested bone in there.
zandefloss Posted - 30/10/2009 : 23:29:24
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Was it white in colour? If so then yes. It sounds like its digested bone from his/her prey.

ahhhhh, indeed it was - thanks!
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 22:51:15
How did bath go Alex?
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 22:50:38
Was it white in colour? If so then yes. It sounds like its digested bone from his/her prey.
zandefloss Posted - 30/10/2009 : 18:21:45
hey there everyone, can I just add a quick poo question to this post, in spaghettis poo today there seemed to be some clumps of dry powder, is this normal?

thanks x

zan x
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 00:27:41
As corns don't need a high humidity level (average humidity in British household 50%) they do not require anything to raise the humidity levels. So really you only need a water bowl at the cold end.

The only change to this would be if she needs help shedding. Then you can either: put in moss hide, place water bowl on hot end or mist the viv with water spray bottle. I find LegLess normally sheds fine and all in one piece on her own.

However, NEVER let the water bowl become empty. Try & change it daily also, as your snake will be using it to bathe in and to drink! (You wouldn't want to drink your bath water! HEHE)

Sometimes they pooh in it too! I know yours hasn't yet but they can. If this happens clean thoroughly with mild disinfectant or boiling water and rinse thoroughly too. Perhaps when snakes do this is it the same reason we bath them!?! Clever snakes!
alex09 Posted - 30/10/2009 : 00:12:36
i will make sure the it is not to cold or to hot lol
i have a 2 water bowls one in the cold end and a small one in the hot :) is that ok? but some times there it no water left in them.
thanks for help xx
n/a Posted - 30/10/2009 : 00:07:33
Yes sorry Kellog. Looking at my last post it looks like i was discussing drinking water temp! I DID mean bath water temp as you said Kellog!

DAMN my manly typing skills (can only do one thing at a time type OR read!)
Kellog Posted - 29/10/2009 : 23:04:07
That is the bath water bengy and Gingerpony are talking about - it is vital you dont burn or freeze her when you bath her. If nothing happens when she is in the bath get her out and gently run her through a towel rubbing her sides gently...maybe the water plus movement will encourage something to happen. xxx
gingerpony Posted - 29/10/2009 : 22:12:22
and DO please check the water temp with a thermometer
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 21:23:51
i.e. 23-27*C
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 21:23:18
Ok. As Kellog said is she drinking ok? Make sure water isn't too hot or cold. Just above room temp ok?
alex09 Posted - 29/10/2009 : 19:12:04
i have only had my snake for 4 weeks and she as had a poo about 2 days after she has eat. i may bath her and see if it helps her thanks for the help xx
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 16:31:19
Yes bath sometimes good but not if she's in blue, she won't be able to see much and may be defensive. LegLess used to save it up around shedding time (again talking weeks) and when she shed, she'll come out of her old skin looking nice and shiny & left behind in the shed was the poop! Good luck & I'm sure its something similar... Let us know!
Kellog Posted - 29/10/2009 : 03:31:42
Have you got a note of her normal poo behaviour? I know that sounds disgusting but I note when Kellog poos so I can see pattern and when pattern changes. Is she drinking ok? Have you totally checked viv...may have done a small poo that you havent seen or smelt.

A bath is a very good idea....am sure it is mentioned in the link Hawkeye put up.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000